9 Huskers invited to the combine

Roy is tearing it up. His size and explosiveness are rare... I bet he goes earlier than many expect. The ONLY knock on him right now is his durability.

Most analysts are knocking him for his strength and lack of power. Definately more of a speed back than a power back. Which i agree with, he didn't show the ability to break tackles like Burkhead does or getting low enough to lay a hit for extra yards like Burkhead does and that is what goes against him. He has alot of talent behind him, just needs some time in the NFL to work on his weaknesses.

Roy is tearing it up. His size and explosiveness are rare... I bet he goes earlier than many expect. The ONLY knock on him right now is his durability.

Most analysts are knocking him for his strength and lack of power. Definately more of a speed back than a power back. Which i agree with, he didn't show the ability to break tackles like Burkhead does or getting low enough to lay a hit for extra yards like Burkhead does and that is what goes against him. He has alot of talent behind him, just needs some time in the NFL to work on his weaknesses.

Did you watch the 2010 season at all?

Did anyone else notice some of the results from the testing results for Niles and Roy. Roy did really well--I would guess in the top 25% of the running backs for the 40 time and the vertical jump. Niles---not so much. The one result I saw for the shuttle run had him last. I wonder if he has just gotten too big and if this shows a reason why he did not have a good year this year?

Did you watch the 2010 season at all?

Yes i did, Helu doesn't consistently get low when punching forward for extra yards, he usually will stand up straight and run forward, unlike Burkhead who gets low almost every time, its the key difference why Burkhead breaks more tackles than Helu did last year and in 2009 when the two of them were healthy.

Under the radar

Roy Helu (Nebraska) ran the short shuttle in 4.01 seconds and Graig Cooper Miami in 4.03, the fastest times in the past six years. Helu also had a top-five finish in the three-cone drill and ran the sixth-fastest 40 time of his group with a 4.42.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/notebook?page=combinereport227&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft2011%2fnotebook%3fpage%3dcombinereport227