Strong Evidence that Watson is gone

Does anyone else think it's kind of strange that there is a job posting for an offensive coordinator position? I was under the impression positions were filled by whoever the university likes and wants to talk to rather than any Joe applying.

By university policy they have to "post" it.

So then where is the job posting for LB coach?

I don't think the press conference will be until next week. There will have to be some things sorted out internally with contract signing and a team meeting to introduce coaches to players I suspect. Atleast one position remains unfilled. Gonna be a long weekend.

Yeah. . but I bet its filled by tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Remember these coaches don't need a week or two to think about things. They know with in 30 minutes of the offer if they're going to come 99% of the time unless they know there is a counter offer and its toss up. I think pretty much all the guys he's talking with should have had their minds made up before he officially got to speak with them about schematics. Sure a few things have changed because of circumstances and requests but I don't think any thing other than ego would change the job they were being asked to do from the beginning of the contact.

FWIW, that posting isn't for the OC "per sey," it is eerily similar to the one for the defensive position, and I don't think that Carl is going anywhere.

But, do either of the 2 of you have any idea what is actually going to shake down, ie, who's gone, who's coming in?

I guessing their will be 4 hires, one announcement when this is all done. We already know Raymond is on board, Els looks like a lock for the LB job. So that just leaves the offensive staff to fill. I believe Bo already has his guys he wants. I guessing Monday or Tuesday this thing is pretty much wrapped up.

Does anyone else think it's kind of strange that there is a job posting for an offensive coordinator position? I was under the impression positions were filled by whoever the university likes and wants to talk to rather than any Joe applying.

By university policy they have to "post" it.

So then where is the job posting for LB coach?

One likely possibility is that they have one posting for multiple positions. That might be why they make the job description so vague. The defensive one could have applied to any position on the defensive side of the ball. Same with this one for the offensive side. I think that's probably what's happening here.

http://employment.unl.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61165

Posted today

Responsible for offensive game preparation, on-field strategies and game tactics. Conduct student-athlete recruiting, monitor academic progress of current student athletes and provide instruction to team in the execution of offensive schemes and techniques.

I think more importantly...the question that has to be asked is: given this job description, how did Watson have this job in the first place? :wtf

Not to rain on anyones parade, especially since I want Watson go as bad as yall. But if UNL has to post each coaching spot up for hire even when someone is going to take the position already. Then wouldn't that mean when a contract is up but hasn't been resigned yet shouldn't the position but posted even though they are coming back. If thats the case then shouldn't all positions be posted after the contracts end. So technically Watsons contract end coming back but not signed yet for any reason but position has to be posted?

Trust me I truely truely hope i'm not right with this thinking. I'm begging for someone to proove that theory wrong. Anyone please Knapplc i'm looking to you.

Somebody needs to be posted at Frost's house in Lincoln to see if an aquarium or cable guy shows up over the next few days!

I'm already on it. I thought I would have some good news for everyone today. At 1:43 pm today a man in a work uniform showed up went to the front door with a clip board in hand. I was watching every move hoping it was the cable man.....turns out it was just the UPS delivery guy. Sorry everyone oh by the way for those who don't realize I was just here to :sarcasm

Not to rain on anyones parade, especially since I want Watson go as bad as yall. But if UNL has to post each coaching spot up for hire even when someone is going to take the position already. Then wouldn't that mean when a contract is up but hasn't been resigned yet shouldn't the position but posted even though they are coming back. If thats the case then shouldn't all positions be posted after the contracts end. So technically Watsons contract end coming back but not signed yet for any reason but position has to be posted?

Trust me I truely truely hope i'm not right with this thinking. I'm begging for someone to proove that theory wrong. Anyone please Knapplc i'm looking to you.

Usually the new contracts are signed and ready to go into effect before the old expires. Reasoning for this so their isnt any possible loops holes for a coach to get out of the contract.

Most of the time the coach is told in advance that their contract is or isnt gonna be renewed. Which I think is usually about 2-3 weeks before the new one goes into effect.

If all these rumors are true than Watson, gilmore and sanders all knew that they werent gonna be back in the middle of January. I believe the all the assistants contracts expire on Jan 31st of every year.

Usually the new contracts are signed and ready to go into effect before the old expires. Reasoning for this so their isnt any possible loops holes for a coach to get out of the contract.

Most of the time the coach is told in advance that their contract is or isnt gonna be renewed. Which I think is usually about 2-3 weeks before the new one goes into effect.

So if i'm understand you right the new contract is always signed and done prior to the old expiring so the coach can't use a loop hole. Therefor the University doesn't have to post the job opening

:)

You sir have just made a new friend