Iowa State Game Thread

i didn't come into the thread 'cause i didn't want to jinx the game.

let me just, this was by and away the *best* game i've seen the huskers play this year.

finally... FINALLY.. we get to see what WCO can do when enough of our recievers catch balls.

and how about that swift kid? and mulkey? nunn? not to meantion porkchop! beautiful effort, all heart and they played a good, full game.

and do i have say it? yes... yes, i do.

GOD BLESS THE BLACKSHIRTS!

bad break for barney ball. too bad.

no, not really. heh.

Man, this is such a relief. First I come down with Bronchitis, in Lincoln. Go to the Dr. spend over $100 on visit+meds b/c i don't have insurance. Hurry back to Hastings to watch the game @ home. Was dang impressed by our passing game. But, was totally upset by our lack of production in the red zone. After that taylor fumble in the 4th quarter, I thought we were screwed. Then the blackshirts stepped up and let us go to OT. Then they scored easily in OT, and we stalled out on the goal line... but Ross came through BIG TIME. 2nd OT, Taylor+Ross hookup, omg AWESOME! Can the blackshirts hold this time???? YEAH BABY!!

Huge relief, and much jubiliation here from what I thought at many points during the day might be a miserable day. In the midst of how sick I feel, man I love the Huskers for cheering me up.

Receivers looked a whole lot better this game. But, the big story is Zac Taylor. Wow, now we see what he CAN do. He was off target on a few balls, but the overwhelming majority of his throws were right on the money. He scrambled and picked up positive yards when he had pressure with no open receivers. And we moved the ball. I think this is the beginning of what BC was talking about when he said we will "take what we want". This game shouldn't have come down to OT at all. If we can get some better Red Zone production.... we are gonna be just fine.

WTG HUSKERS

WTG BLACKSHIRTS

WTG OFFENSE!!!!!