new rb coach

Although nothing is official it would appear after beck is promoted that the Rb position needs to be filled and after shuffling coaches I don't see any guy currently on squad that is overly qualified for Rb coach. I've heard a couple names but none by anyone in the know. I love nexus' idea of hitting up Alabama. Anyone have scoop on who may be next at Rb coach?

Although nothing is official it would appear after beck is promoted that the Rb position needs to be filled and after shuffling coaches I don't see any guy currently on squad that is overly qualified for Rb coach. I've heard a couple names but none by anyone in the know. I love nexus' idea of hitting up Alabama. Anyone have scoop on who may be next at Rb coach?

Position coaches don't matter. Plus, if we got him, we'd have to give everybody else a raise. Let's just get some extraordinarily mediocre guy from the University of Maryland University College. How do we know if he really sucks if we don't give him a chance?... Nah, I lie. Burns would be a stellar hire if we could get him, but he's an "associate head coach" down there and I'm sure that he is comfortable with his paycheck/recent success. I don't see him coming to Nebraska.

Position coaches do matter. I don't see Burns coming here either, but our WR and OL coach have been huge liabilities. Some might disagree of course, but the WR and OL positions have also been big issues. It is quite important who they are.

I think Beck as QB/co-OC has been in the works for quite some time, just a guess. Apparently, we went after Frost as RBs coach initially. Think about that: just RBs coach. For a guy with Scott's resume, it is a lateral move, sure, but it is a fair offer. Co-OC and WRs is a completely fair offer for us to make and Frost is nuts to want any more. Of course, our fairest offer might not be good enough for him and that can't be helped, either.

2-year-old positions coaches like Frost don't usually get/deserve promotions like this. But often times they don't make lateral moves either unless it's for a better situation, which ours isn't really. I'll go along with many others and just say that it seems a lot of shuffling is yet in the air.

Position coaches do matter. I don't see Burns coming here either, but our WR and OL coach have been huge liabilities. Some might disagree of course, but the WR and OL positions have also been big issues. It is quite important who they are.

I think Beck as QB/co-OC has been in the works for quite some time, just a guess. Apparently, we went after Frost as RBs coach initially. Think about that: just RBs coach. For a guy with Scott's resume, it is a lateral move, sure, but it is a fair offer. Co-OC and WRs is a completely fair offer for us to make and Frost is nuts to want any more. Of course, our fairest offer might not be good enough for him and that can't be helped, either.

2-year-old positions coaches like Frost don't usually get/deserve promotions like this. But often times they don't make lateral moves either unless it's for a better situation, which ours isn't really. I'll go along with many others and just say that it seems a lot of shuffling is yet in the air.

Totes agree that position coaches matter. I was just being a smartass in regard to some of the comments posted in the "New LB coach" thread.