Next Four Out

Who are the last 8 teams out, currently?

Colorado St, UAB, Baylor, Richmond, VCU, Wichita St, Nebraska, and Clemson

:thumbs

Was it that big of an upset to have VCU and Wichita State both on the bubble, after VCU beat WSU in bracketbusters last week? I would have thought that you couldn't put both on the buuble after that game.

friggin texas tech and baylor games...WHY GOD, WHY!?!?!

I'll forgive the T. Tech game--it was on the road and Tech has snakebit better teams. Baylor...there's no excuse for that one.

I still think 3-1 gets us in. That would put us 4th/t-5th in the conference, depending on who the loss is. I wouldn't think Beebe would make his bias so blatant that he would kill our chances, as it would kill anyone (e.g. Missouri, K-State) behind us as well.

Then again, Austin is still pretty pissed about their loss to us. Bet Beebe's knees and neck were pretty sore after meeting with Dodds Sunday.

]

I'll forgive the T. Tech game--it was on the road and Tech has snakebit better teams. Baylor...there's no excuse for that one.

I gonna go with the exact opposite. Baylor has a TON of talent compared to Tech. Singletary and Roberson are nice player sown in Lubbock, but they can't hold a candle to Dunn, Jones, and Acy. Also, NU was coming off a big win against CU not a drubbing from Kansas.

One missed checkout against Tech when up 5, gave away the Tech game.

I'm kinda suprised to hear someone say they'll forgive the TTech game but not Baylor... Baylor is a way better team and both games were on the road.

3-1 on it's own will not be enough to get NU in, period. The more this wears on and the more I read, the tougher it's looking for NU. At first I thought 4-0 or 3-1 with at least 1 win in KC would be enough... I no longer believe that. Pretty sure it's going to take at LEAST 23 wins. Just cause you finish 4th in the league doesn't mean you get a bid, especially if you have a noncon like NU.

I'm kinda suprised to hear someone say they'll forgive the TTech game but not Baylor... Baylor is a way better team and both games were on the road.

3-1 on it's own will not be enough to get NU in, period. The more this wears on and the more I read, the tougher it's looking for NU. At first I thought 4-0 or 3-1 with at least 1 win in KC would be enough... I no longer believe that. Pretty sure it's going to take at LEAST 23 wins. Just cause you finish 4th in the league doesn't mean you get a bid, especially if you have a noncon like NU.

I knew you'd be starting to get on the same page as me. backer, I'm starting to like ya because as deep the red is of your rose colored glasses you think big picture as well. That being said, I agree and nothing proved it to me ore than the other night when they put up the resumes of Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan State. All with very similar records as NU, but all with RPI's that blow NU out of the water and better wins. If NU goes 3-1 they better be planning on making an extended stay at the conference tourney because two wins is a MUST. And I's thinking those 3 wins will be VERY difficult to get. But I will always hope.

I knew you'd be starting to get on the same page as me. backer, I'm starting to like ya because as deep the red is of your rose colored glasses you think big picture as well. That being said, I agree and nothing proved it to me ore than the other night when they put up the resumes of Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan State. All with very similar records as NU, but all with RPI's that blow NU out of the water and better wins. If NU goes 3-1 they better be planning on making an extended stay at the conference tourney because two wins is a MUST. And I's thinking those 3 wins will be VERY difficult to get. But I will always hope.

I wish I wouldn't see the big picture, as the big picture always seems to ruin the party. I'm with ya, it's gonna be extremely tough to get the necessary wins. Here's to hoping Diaz makes us look foolish for ragging on him and leads NU to 10-6. Finish out the season with 4 triple doubls, Jorge! PC will really have some crow to eat then... chuckleshuffle

I wish I wouldn't see the big picture, as the big picture always seems to ruin the party. I'm with ya, it's gonna be extremely tough to get the necessary wins. Here's to hoping Diaz makes us look foolish for ragging on him and leads NU to 10-6. Finish out the season with 4 triple doubls, Jorge! PC will really have some crow to eat then... chuckleshuffle

I have always welcomed a plate of crow courtesy of Doc and the guys. The MRI deal makes he think that Diaz may be more tentative than normal tonight, and that isn't good as KSU loves the physicallity of the game.

I have always welcomed a plate of crow courtesy of Doc and the guys. The MRI deal makes he think that Diaz may be more tentative than normal tonight, and that isn't good as KSU loves the physicallity of the game.

And this makes Almeida coming in and playing well again so important. I think with the two bigs in there and changing it up a bit will hopefully bode well for us. We will see, also Diaz needs to hit those jump hooks that he did against Texas. He has missed alot of those this season against lesser opponents. Very nervous again for this one, but if I have to eat crow again then so be it.