Next Four Out

We are making some noise, definitely a bubble team. In the latest bracketology Nebraska is in the next four out, 7th overall from being in the dance. Lunardi has us as a 20% chance to get in. We aren't in yet but its a start. Game on Wednesday will be big.

I can almost here it in the distance. We will need to make noise in the big 12 tourney to get to the dance. We could win every regular season game left and lose in the first game of the tourney and wont get in. All the k-state and missouri games can do for us is give us momentum. We are still a ways away, but we will need to make the speakers go BOOM in the big 12 tourney and then.......then we start corn dancing.

:corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance

We are making some noise, definitely a bubble team. In the latest bracketology Nebraska is in the next four out, 7th overall from being in the dance. Lunardi has us as a 20% chance to get in. We aren't in yet but its a start. Game on Wednesday will be big.

I can almost here it in the distance. We will need to make noise in the big 12 tourney to get to the dance. We could win every regular season game left and lose in the first game of the tourney and wont get in. All the k-state and missouri games can do for us is give us momentum. We are still a ways away, but we will need to make the speakers go BOOM in the big 12 tourney and then.......then we start corn dancing.

:corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance

It certainly wouldn't help our chances, but I don't think we would be eliminated all together. That would put us at:

22-9

Notable wins over #2 Texas, #11 A&M, #? Missouri (who is playing well) and KSU who is also playing well.

I say 4 wins all together from here on out gets us in on the bubble. 5 wins will be a lock. If Diaz could rebound we would be ranked and have our ticket punched.

If we win out, we have a great shot at being the #4 seed in the Big 12.. that means first round bye in the XII tourney..

If we win out, we are in i believe.

The only chance i see us not going if we win out is if we get DESTROYED by whoever we play in the 2nd round and a surprise team (6,7 seed) makes a run)

We have enough quality wins and finishing #4 in the big 12 is our ticket IMO.

I predict we go 3-1 in our next 4.. finish 5th or 6th in the XII.. Win in rounds 1&2 and lose in round 3.

We finish basically 23-10(counting the XII tourney) and squeak in.

Get your dancing shoes out ladies and gents.

• Fire 1

I am hopeful and a backer of Big Red Hoops(as shown with emotion/anger/dissappointment/elation in some of my posts this season in other threads), but I am also a realists in ways. That being said, I will refuse to go out on a limb with predictions until after Wednesday night. Lose to KState and the Texas game is nice but maybe for not. There is a lot of work to do and KState is fighting for their tourney lives as well and still possess one of the premier players in the league.

I love eating any crow that Doc serves up, but let's see something good to back up something that potentially can be great. A trait Doc teams have failed to do in the past.

Okay now to the sunshine...............

Someone help me sort through this a minute. If NU wins out and everything falls in place and they finish 4th, would that be enough to put them in? In a league getting 6 bids, surely the team that finishes 4th in the regular season gets in, right?

I'm a little worried that it still would be not quite enough, in which case, finishing 4th almost makes it tougher because of the first round bye. Wouldn't it almost be better to be the fifth seed so you can pick up an easy win in the first round? If NU is fourth, chances are in that second round they'd be playing either KSU or Mizzou. That's a home game for either one of those teams.

EDIT: As I'm looking around, I'm seeing more and more saying the Big XII will only get 5 teams.

There will be no easy games for the Huskers whether they are a 4th, 5th, 6th or whatever seed in the Big 12 tourney. Lets see how they do against K State. I see that as the pivitol game with both teams wanting that final Big 12 bid. Stll a ways to go but you have to be excited to even be thinking about the chance. I just wish I had more confidence in seeing them win critical games down the stretch. Keep those fingers crossed!!!

There will be no easy games for the Huskers whether they are a 4th, 5th, 6th or whatever seed in the Big 12 tourney. Lets see how they do against K State. I see that as the pivitol game with both teams wanting that final Big 12 bid. Stll a ways to go but you have to be excited to even be thinking about the chance. I just wish I had more confidence in seeing them win critical games down the stretch. Keep those fingers crossed!!!

Your point is well taken, and I agree with you. However, in my opinion there is a difference between playing Iowa State/Texas Tech (neutral site) or Kansas State/Missouri (which are essentially home games for these two being in KC)

I find it comical that at the beginning the year, all of the supposed "experts" couldn't stop talking about how the BIG XII was going to be the deepest conference in the country, and now they are talking about only 5-6 teams getting in.

On a side note....don't forget that Nebraska was in a similar situation before in 2008: Beat a ranked Texas team by 3 at home, pretty much controlled their own destiny, finished the season 3-4, got bounced in first round of the BIG XII tourney, and than was the 3rd seed in the NIT.

FINISH THE SEASON STRONG BOYS!!!!

Someone help me sort through this a minute. If NU wins out and everything falls in place and they finish 4th, would that be enough to put them in? In a league getting 6 bids, surely the team that finishes 4th in the regular season gets in, right?

I'm a little worried that it still would be not quite enough, in which case, finishing 4th almost makes it tougher because of the first round bye. Wouldn't it almost be better to be the fifth seed so you can pick up an easy win in the first round? If NU is fourth, chances are in that second round they'd be playing either KSU or Mizzou. That's a home game for either one of those teams.

EDIT: As I'm looking around, I'm seeing more and more saying the Big XII will only get 5 teams.

That just changed this week. It happened after Nebraska passed Baylor and Kansas State in the standings. I'm sure if we finsih 4th the league will only get four in with Nebraska being left out. I would love to be optimsitc about this. I think if we win out and win 1 game in the tourny we will be in anything short of that and it is NIT we go.

If anyone is looking something to do tonight, you can flip the tv to ESPN2. NU needs VaTech to lose to Wake. Many guys have VaTech as the first team out or have them in, them losing tonight clears a little more way for NU. The game is at Wake and just started - you might also notice Bzdelik is Wake's coach... kinda funny CU is having the year they are and Wake is so terrible

If anyone is looking something to do tonight, you can flip the tv to ESPN2. NU needs VaTech to lose to Wake. Many guys have VaTech as the first team out or have them in, them losing tonight clears a little more way for NU. The game is at Wake and just started - you might also notice Bzdelik is Wake's coach... kinda funny CU is having the year they are and Wake is so terrible

VT is pounding Wake which isn't good but they still have a couple loss opportunities with Duke, BC, and Clemson coming up. If they lose 2 out of those 3, hoping Duke and BC because Clemson is in the same boat we are, then we should jump them if we take care of business.

VT is pounding Wake which isn't good but they still have a couple loss opportunities with Duke, BC, and Clemson coming up. If they lose 2 out of those 3, hoping Duke and BC because Clemson is in the same boat we are, then we should jump them if we take care of business.

Yep. I was hoping VTech would lose this one so they'd be out, then they could beat Clemson and BC who, as you said, are in the same boat as NU