Bowman

Does anyone else feel that Bowman is just thinking too much?? He just can't sift through all his reads?? There were several times where he was rushing to get lined up correctly and one or two where he wasn't near the play, an obvious bust. I say this becasue it seems that a lot of the guys this year have a hand of the D, obvious by their effort and the numbers yesterday. Maybe it will just take a year to get him adjusted. I can wait.

We could probably blame a certain reported from a certain pay site for offering this analysis "He may be one and done" Putting way too many expectations on him

could be, who knows? may be hard for him to relax and trust his instincts at this level or is he just confused? i know one thing, Tierre is still a work in progress at DB, which is to be expected, and Grixby's lack of size is killing him......2 interference penalities really hurt us, and he never seems to look back for the ball? i know he is coached to watch the receiver and his eyes, but you got to turn and look back sometime for the ball, hell on the one play he just ran into the reciver, he looked completely lost. i just think most of the time he is overmatched, especially against the tall wideouts, although we obviously have no one else to put back there right now...

hunter

I know what you are saying Eric. It seems like he is thinking too much out there sometimes. Seems hesitant at times in his coverage. ISU kept throwin that out pattern and I was just waiting for someone to step infront of one of them. Never happened.

Just play the game man! You have natural ability, so cut it loose.

I dunno about Bowman being a bust, wait till next year maybe.

:yeah

Great point. I dont think that you can label him a bust after just 4 games, if he doesnt live up to the expectations, I wouldnt label him a bust, but I would say that he was over-hyped by so-called "gurus." Like I said before the season, this is the first time he has faced Div 1 talent week in and week out. Pitt was supposed to have a good WR, and ISU had some nice WRs. He needs to have a chance to adjust to the level of play.

NUs top 3 CBs all could end up being very good players, even though right now they are just okay. They all need experience, they make some nice plays, and they give some up.

The guys not a bust, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

If I was playing infront of almost 80K people, in lincoln Neb, I'd be a little out of it myself. But I know - that's his job, so he's got to expect it.

I'd say give him a few games so he can adjust, if, as some of you say, he appears to be mentally stiff.

I like that Demarrio comment, too.......

(PS - when he was on MNFootball... he said his name on the television, but when he said "Nebraska", he sounded kinda depressing......... That is the onlny time I've been dissapointed with him . Can't stand those kids who go "THEE ohio state university" sounds like they got a stick up there ass or something. If I were to say Nebraska U, I'd certainly dous it with pride........)

that's all

:woo GBR!!!!