Fullback?

I've heard another name thrown out there last year as a guy who could be next in line behind Legate (not Zimmerer)... But unfortunately I'm far too lazy to look it up. :moreinteresting

Gotta feel bad for the kid, though. Probably busts his ass every day on the practice field as hard or harder than most everybody else to MAYBE see 1-2 snaps a game. True Husker.

It just dawned on me in all those games (years) that we seemed to be lacking a short yardage back why didn't we just insert one of the freaking fullbacks to carry the ball!!!?????

:yeah

I root for Legate hardcore, because when he is announced on HuskerVision as a "starter" it is very rare he will ever see the field, yet holds position of Starting Fullback. I feel for the guy.

We did use him early in the year, as I believe he caught a TD pass in the flat against Idaho. Would have been nice to go back to something like that or hit a running back in the flat as a designed play near the goal-line if the defense wasn't expecting it in a bigger game, a la Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, heck even the bowl game, something different and sparking something unexpected.

Legate up the middle too of course.

However, I wonder if he was even prepared to run the ball, maybe he didn't have the reps he should of have to run or catch, but I know he caught one TD pass last year, I applauded that play-call, and we never saw it again, that I can remember.

Hopefully we have a bruiser besides 1st or 2nd string running back that can go in on 3rd and 2 and get some tough yards, saving some energy and runs for our other main backs in critical situations.

Suh at fullback was always a beast option too! B)

I have a sneaking suspicion Beck will get the Fullback in the game a little more often. The kinds of defenses we'll face in the B1G may dictate that need.

If we are going to be running the ball more often, i would hope that the FB would see more playing time, maybe we will actually get some good FB to commit to us, rather than us taking a RB and beefing him up to play the FB spot.