Heard Qualified!

Husker Z

Any chance Heard switches to defense? I thought in his recruiting thread he said he doesn't care what position he plays just as long as he's playing. I believe Bo also played a larger role recruiting the kid, compared to other recruits. Likely, because they both went to the same highschool but it could be possible Bo intends to put an athlete like braylon in the secondary.

Zero chance.

We have a desperate need for rbs and that's his ace of spades. Heard, Green & Tmart.....that's some very, very SERIOUS speed.

If you're not excited about that... you're either dead or wearing a Hawkeye sweater.

Big 10 linebackers are shaking in their boots.

They ought to be shaking if they're wearing boots, the fools. Most people play in turf shoes!

So who's redshirting? I thought Ameer and Green had said they weren't but that was before Heard qualified.

IMO, Ameer will probably redshirt, to put on some weight. The kid is only aroud 170-175 pounds.

Sounds logical to me. Braylon can enroll in the summer, no? I've not seen for sure that he is, but if that were the case it would make the most sense to me.

If any of the 3 switch to Db it would be Abdullah. I think some schools recruited him as Db and that is what he played in his All-Star game where he had 2 INT's in his first ever appearance as a Db.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons why AA didn't visit USC is because they were recruiting him as a DB while we were recruiting him as RB. Also, Beck had some very positive things to say about him as a RB.

If any of the 3 switch to Db it would be Abdullah. I think some schools recruited him as Db and that is what he played in his All-Star game where he had 2 INT's in his first ever appearance as a Db.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons why AA didn't visit USC is because they were recruiting him as a DB while we were recruiting him as RB. Also, Beck had some very positive things to say about him as a RB.

Good point, but hopefully if he is needed at Db (and is seeing limited RB time) he will realize it is what's best for the team and make the switch down the road. Who knows though, hopefully it will all work out and we can see all 3 make big impacts in some way.

So who's redshirting? I thought Ameer and Green had said they weren't but that was before Heard qualified.

IMO, Ameer will probably redshirt, to put on some weight. The kid is only aroud 170-175 pounds.

Sounds logical to me. Braylon can enroll in the summer, no? I've not seen for sure that he is, but if that were the case it would make the most sense to me.

If the clearing house gives him the green light, then yes he can enroll in June.

It wouldn't surprise me if Green did.

Really? Maybe to get up to game speed, but behind Rex he might be our best option, IMO.

Any chance Heard switches to defense? I thought in his recruiting thread he said he doesn't care what position he plays just as long as he's playing. I believe Bo also played a larger role recruiting the kid, compared to other recruits. Likely, because they both went to the same highschool but it could be possible Bo intends to put an athlete like braylon in the secondary.

No chance. He is really going to be needed to fill out RB depth.

I see what you're saying but does the staff think that? They didn't seem to go after AA until after news braylon wasn't going to make it. Which may indicate they only wanted 2 backs and now they have 3. I guess well see.

Question here is who shirts and who doesnt.

Take a look at the number of guys who took meaningful snaps at IB for the '95 team and you'll find the answer to this question.

He can come as soon as he is cleared (which looks like he will), but like others have said he can only participate in summer workouts. Damn, talk about competition at the running back spot, I see Green, Heard, and Abdullah as being similar backs. This should be interesting.

No doubt about competition! Now, with three guys that good (or, at least, three guys we think are that good) --- you want at least two on the field at the same time. I wonder if any of the three have the hands and, at the same time, the willingness to become a slot receiver. Add maybe Jamal Turner to the slot receiver list too and....

Could have TMart at QB, Kyler Reed at TE, Turner and Green/Heard/Abdullah as slot receivers, and Burkhead as RB (backed up by Green/Heard/Abdullah, whichever of these remain at RB)--- on the field at the same time. That is a small lineup --- but a fast and dangerous one. Sounds interesting.

But the news of Heard making the grades is fantastic --- he is every bit as exciting a potential player as are any of the recruits this year.

WR: Kinnie

WR: Bell

Slot: Turner

TE: Reed

RB: Burkhead

RB: Green

QB: Martinez

That is one hell of a starting lineup at the skill positions. Every single one is a bonafide playmaker in his own right and can take it to the house. You've got tons of speed too. There are mismatches all over the place. The D would have to account for all of them.

And note that both Burkhead and Turner would be legitimate threats to throw the ball, giving all sorts of trick play options. This offense is going to rock.

He can come as soon as he is cleared (which looks like he will), but like others have said he can only participate in summer workouts. Damn, talk about competition at the running back spot, I see Green, Heard, and Abdullah as being similar backs. This should be interesting.

No doubt about competition! Now, with three guys that good (or, at least, three guys we think are that good) --- you want at least two on the field at the same time. I wonder if any of the three have the hands and, at the same time, the willingness to become a slot receiver. Add maybe Jamal Turner to the slot receiver list too and....

Could have TMart at QB, Kyler Reed at TE, Turner and Green/Heard/Abdullah as slot receivers, and Burkhead as RB (backed up by Green/Heard/Abdullah, whichever of these remain at RB)--- on the field at the same time. That is a small lineup --- but a fast and dangerous one. Sounds interesting.

But the news of Heard making the grades is fantastic --- he is every bit as exciting a potential player as are any of the recruits this year.

That is one hell of a starting lineup at the skill positions. Every single one is a bonafide playmaker in his own right and can take it to the house. You've got tons of speed too. There are mismatches all over the place. The D would have to account for all of them.

And note that both Burkhead and Turner would be legitimate threats to throw the ball, giving all sorts of trick play options. This offense is going to rock.

The real mismatch would be the 12-11 player differential in favor of the Huskers.

• Fire 1

The real mismatch would be the 12-11 player differential in favor of the Huskers.

Haha! Meant to put Burkhead and Green on the same line as alternates. That's what I get for typing this out on my iPhone! Maybe we could sneak 'em both in without anyone else noticing!