CONGDON

skers

With kickers at any level it is a love/hate relationship. When you have a kicker who wins a game for you, he is the best player and the team is so lucky to have them. On the other hand, you have a kicker who misses a game winning field goal he is the worst player and there is no reason to have kickers on the team. I agree with previous posts and how it makes the game interesting, especially when it comes down to the wire. I don't envy an of the kickers who have to come into the game with 2 seconds left and kick a 50 yard field goal, let alone an extra point to go ahead.

Exactly. It's all about what have you done for me lately.

I think that the kicking game adds an excitement to the game you may not otherwise get. Sometimes it gets the blood a-pumpin to see a team works its way down field, with seconds left, and kick a field goal to win. The kicking game meant a lot to this game (to NU and ISU). I don't think it would have been as great of a game without it.

There was a point where I wanted to do away with PATs and such. Maybe have 2 pt conversions be the standard or something

But then, I figured - hey, it's a tradition of football, and it's one of the few things that has lasted a long time. Besides, it's a good test. It's off beat

And hey, we wouldn't have any amazing field goal blocks. If you got rid of punts, too, Johnny the Jet would not exist. If you kept going and took away kick offs..... I mean, I don't want to distort FB much more than it needs to be.

I'm kinda out of it and can't type right now, so don't mind htis post

GBR

Congdon is very overrated imo. Dyches should of started last year or atleast came in when sandro stunk it up and he should be starting this year.

Dyches is a career 66% kicker. Congdon right now is 70%. Now I'm no Will Hunting but 70 is better then 66. Dyches started his first year off good and stunk it up in the second half. He missed 1 of his 3 kicks last year also.

Congdon is very overrated imo. Dyches should of started last year or atleast came in when sandro stunk it up and he should be starting this year.

Ok, I actualy agree that Dyches should have come in for Sandro. But seriously man, why is King Congdon overrated? All I wanna know are your reasons.

If the coaches pulled the QB or the kicker everytime they made mistakes (INTs/misses) we'd run out of players. They both develop. After all, they are not veterans to this club.

The biggest factor for a kicker is confidence. You guys, who would pull him and put in Dyches, would insure problems down the road.

I'm so glad none of us can make changes on the field!!!