Move over Call of Duty here comes Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 just like Battlefield Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were developed by EA and Dice on their updated Frostbite engine. I'm sure the fast pace gameplay and destructable environment will be returning but also team oriented gameplay will be there just as well.

EA and Dice are so confident with Battlefield 3 that they will be releasing it during the same time frame as the new Gears of War game and the new Call of Duty game as well as others that I can't remember I don't have my Game Informer magazine by me. Here are some screenshots of Battlefield 3.

I used to be a serious Battlefield gamer starting with Battlefield1942 and especially Battlefield 2. I just bought BFBC2 but Dragon Age 2 comes out in a few days which is probably going to occupy a lot of my time.

I definitely enjoy the Battlefield games more so than the Call of Duty games.

Move over Call of Duty here comes Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 just like Battlefield Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were developed by EA and Dice on their updated Frostbite engine. I'm sure the fast pace gameplay and destructable environment will be returning but also team oriented gameplay will be there just as well.

EA and Dice are so confident with Battlefield 3 that they will be releasing it during the same time frame as the new Gears of War game and the new Call of Duty game as well as others that I can't remember I don't have my Game Informer magazine by me. Here are some screenshots of Battlefield 3.

So I assume you'll be playing it for xbox then? I have the option to do both, but man, how could you pass up the chance to play it with DX11 as opposed to 9 on the 360? Unless they can update the direct X on the 360, but I don't think so (could be wrong). I have a feeling the sound on BF3 is going to be amazing.

Gears of War 3 is going to be great. I love co-op shooters.

So I assume you'll be playing it for xbox then? I have the option to do both, but man, how could you pass up the chance to play it with DX11 as opposed to 9 on the 360? Unless they can update the direct X on the 360, but I don't think so (could be wrong). I have a feeling the sound on BF3 is going to be amazing.

Gears of War 3 is going to be great. I love co-op shooters.

Nope I'll be playing it on the PS3. I do have a 360 but I game more on the PS3 and plus I'm in a clan in Bad Company 2

• 1 month later...

Looks amazing. Is it 3rd person ?

Socom 4 came out today, anyone get it or going to get it ?

I see IGN gave it a 7.

No Battlefield 3 will be 1st person.

I'm not getting Socom 4. I thought Zipper would bring back the Socom franchise that got me addicted to online gaming since 2003 thanks to Socom 2 but they really messed up Socom with this new installment. It has MAG and COD all rolled into one game, just isn't the same Socom game that I grew up playing.

I see it uses the PS3 Move Battle Sharp Shooter Rifle. From what I'm hearing everyone loves it, saying it's no Socom 2 but the next closest thing to it. You have to play it in classic mode for the old school and I hear it looks great. I plan on getting it and will let you all know how it is.

• 1 month later...

downloaded and watched the 12 minute long gameplay trailor they have on the PSN.

Holy cow. I wanted this game, but now there is no doubt I have to have it.

If you haven't seen it, check it out in the PSN Store.