Who has more to prove

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Need one more box that says or both. The offense certainly needs to produce better than they did toward the end of the season, but the run defense will really have to step up I think. How will we hold up against Wis battering rams, and if we can't, I see that becoming the scheme of how the rest of our opponents attack us. I am looking forward to seeing Bo and Carl devise ways to counter that type of attack, because I don't know if they have been recruiting the kind of players built on playing against B1G teams. In recruiting kids for the Big-12 the past 3 yrs, they haven't had much time to get players, if they did need different type of kids, for some of the bigger teams in the B1G.

Lets hope the offense can put up some clock eating drives on the field, and give the defense some valuable rest when needed. Bo and Carl in my mind our the best at what they do. If anyone can get these kids to step up to the challenge Bo and Carl get my bet.

GBR!!!

I voted for Offense (obviously) but to play Devil's advocate to my own vote, let's not let the defense entirely off the hook. We were 63rd in the country last year in Rushing Defense, and seemed to consistently give up yards to even mediocre teams. In a conference predicated on smash-mouth football, our rush defense will have to step up. On top of that, we lose a significant amount of talent in the defensive backfield with Amukamara, Hagg and Gomes all likely to find their ways to an NFL roster in the next year.

The Offense clearly has more fixing to do, but the defense is not above concern. It's just that defense is Bo's forte, so we're all way more confident that he'll have it ready to go come Fall.

I'm gonna be the lone a$$hat that says defense.

Simply put, we know that our expectations for the offense aren't very high at all. If we avg over 20pts a game, I think the majority of the board would sign up for that. Anything less than that, and folks will be disappointed, but there will be a certain level of understanding.

Defensively though, we've gotten spoiled. Our expectations for the defense are much, much higher than the offense, hence they have more to prove.

Simply put, we know that our expectations for the offense aren't very high at all. If we avg over 20pts a game, I think the majority of the board would sign up for that.

We better average way over 20 points. We better average at least 30 or the offensive season will be another failure. IMO

Yes, because people were dogging on our departed offensive coaches because of our scoring average. Had nothing to do with the fact that we failed to score an offensive touchdown against Texas or A&M, or only one against Washington, or two against Kansas.

Simply put, we know that our expectations for the offense aren't very high at all. If we avg over 20pts a game, I think the majority of the board would sign up for that.

We better average way over 20 points. We better average at least 30 or the offensive season will be another failure. IMO

Yes, because people were dogging on our departed offensive coaches because of our scoring average. Had nothing to do with the fact that we failed to score an offensive touchdown against Texas or A&M, or only one against Washington, or two against Kansas.

For example, its not like A&M was this defensive juggernaut. They were a middle of the road defense, that made our offense look like a flaming bag of dogsh*t.

Or zero against Texas, or zero in the 2nd half of the CCG agianst OU, zero against VA Tech, zero against Texas in the 2009 CCG, one against ISU in 2009.