Rank the new Running Backs

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Heard just based on what I see from youtube highlight videos. The kid runs behind his pads and accelerates like crazy. Also, he seems to have the vision to hit the smallest creases.

My only knock on Green's running style is that he seems to run upright and doesn't break many tackles (maybe just because no one touches him?!). Probably played the best competition of the 3.

Abdullah is kind of a wild card. Shifty little back. Kind of reminds me of that running back from CU. Rodney Stewart, or something like that? Again, hard to guess based on level of competition.

Aaron Green

Ameer Abdullah

It is exciting, can't stress enough how HUGE it was for Heard to make the grade. I love love LOVE the fact that Coach Brown will be coaching these kids!

Me too! The other coaches talk about Brown like someone who can coach any position and get the best out of the players. He should have plenty of raw material to mold.

Here's what I want to see . . . which will never happen . . . and probably for good reasons.

I want to see a flexbone formation with Martinez under center, Burkhead as the fullback, and 2 out of Abdullah/Green/Heard lined up as slotbacks.

flexbone_formation.png

My goodness I love the triple option.

Here's what I want to see . . . which will never happen . . . and probably for good reasons.

I want to see a flexbone formation with Martinez under center, Burkhead as the fullback, and 2 out of Abdullah/Green/Heard lined up as slotbacks.

flexbone_formation.png

I was QB in high school and this is the offense we ran. Worst offense ever if you have speed! Its for little kids and teams like Navy.

flexbone_formation.png

I was QB in high school and this is the offense we ran. Worst offense ever if you have speed! Its for little kids and teams like Navy.

I'm comfortable in saying that this comment shows that you have much to learn about football . . . extensive high school experience notwithstanding.

"Worst offense ever if you have speed?!" Wow.

You can start the learning here. Continue by delving into one of my favorite examples here. Finally, educate yourself here.