This "new" offense?

Caputo had a torn meniscus for half of the year. I think that is a little unfair. I'm sort of surprised we never put in a backup. Playing our starters when they are ineffective due to injury seems to have been a theme.

I had no idea he was injured last year...somehow I missed that. Yeah, that's a little harsh then, considering he was playing with a balky knee.

We now finally have some "very" talented depth at qb and the Oline (although maybe not at center).

Dude, Caputo is the strongest guy on the team. Ask Dob.

Tell me, how many times did Caputo get pushed into the backfield by the Dlineman across from him? Just because you are weight room strong, does not mean that transfers to on field play.

That's exactly what I thought, too. Anybody ever see what Marshall Faulk looked like with his shirt off? That dude was in no way shape or form a gym star...but he was a first ballot hall of fame caliber talent on the football field. Mike is not a horrible center, but he isn't a world beater either. That's not a huge knock on him or anything...most people aren't.

That's the thing though...Caputo is a gym star, he's an absolute beast. In HS, the only kid stronger than him in the weightroom was a senior on some serious roids-no joke.

sorry guys, cart way before the horse here, we have nowhere near the athletes, experience or system in place that an Oregon or Auburn has..we are busy building a foundation, just getting started, but i understand how much fun it is to compare great offenses...we're are trying to move from poor to acceptable.....exceptional is wayyyyyyy down the road.

Thank You!!!!!! Im glad somebody else on here has their head on straight about the expectations about this offense.

+1 to sir!!!!!

Nothing like low expectations. Bravo.

What the heck is wrong with you? Head on straight???? How about: maybe "better than total suck" being a reasonable expectation for a offensive output at NU? Easy call. I broke furniture last season watching idiotic playcall after idiotic playcall in the biggest spots, witnessed obvious glaring deficiencies on the offense that just screamed "BAD COACHING", just like all of you. Meanwhile, the defense continued to be very solid and well-coached yet again against superior offensive teams, and in seriously hostile situations last season, probably worse than what NU will see this upcoming season. I'm sick of seeing Bo's blackshirts get hung out to dry by pathetic offensive planning. Beck can absolutely not do worse. I think any number of metro area high school coaches could do more with less than Watson had to work with. Hell, Kansas St. and Iowa State both beat Texas last season.

Bottom line: There's more than 2 million reasons each year I think Bo knows more than any of you about football on both sides of the ball, and I trust him (and T.O.) to steer this program into the promised land, especially now that he's got all his own people on staff.

Quit Bitching and Get on Board.

P.S. Lay off Taylor Martinez. That dude was out there limping and bleeding wearing the N, in extremely tough circumstances, and armchair quarterbacks on this board have the nerve to talk junk about him. He's not from here, why should he care about you or this state? but he goes out there, limping, and most kids wouldn't have. Most kids would be like, " hey coach, my ankle is jacked up and i can barely walk. I think I'll sit this one out" but he didn't. He kept going out there and getting killed over and over, and i'm just sitting there shaking my head. It hurt to watch him out there sometimes. So seriously, just shut up about him. That kid is a warrior and in my book he's proven it on the field, playing his heart out for your favorite team. "Not the victory..." and "in the deed the glory".

First off we arent bitching and WE ARE ON BOARD. I too became destructive last year watching our offense, A&M game is what did it for me. Nobody should have high expectations for this offense after the last 2 years. We just need improvement, if we improve over the course of the year, then everybody can have a hard on for this offense. Im being realistic and no I dont have low expectations.

Second, Taylor did sit out a few games last year, anyone remember???? Taylor doesnt have 10 wins has a QB he has 8, also 4 losses. I talk "junk" about Taylor cause he has not proven it on the field, atleast against teams that have a pulse. He lacks leadership skills, pocket presence, the desire to win and the respect of his teammates. Everybody can have the desire to win, but if dont put in the work then it wont happen. All needed to be a successful QB. Since everybody brings up Tommie Frazier now adays, not body liked Tommie as a friend. But every single person on that team RESPECTED Tommie. Why???? because he had all the intangibles stated above. He had those qualities as a freshman believe it or not.

I'll get ya some knee pads and send ya over to Taylors dorm room.

Bravo.

Ahahahahahaha....... Did you really just say he lacks a desire to win? That's it... I've now heard it all.

sorry guys, cart way before the horse here, we have nowhere near the athletes, experience or system in place that an Oregon or Auburn has..we are busy building a foundation, just getting started, but i understand how much fun it is to compare great offenses...we're are trying to move from poor to acceptable.....exceptional is wayyyyyyy down the road.

Thank You!!!!!! Im glad somebody else on here has their head on straight about the expectations about this offense.

+1 to sir!!!!!

What the heck is wrong with you? Head on straight???? How about: maybe "better than total suck" being a reasonable expectation for a offensive output at NU? Easy call. I broke furniture last season watching idiotic playcall after idiotic playcall in the biggest spots, witnessed obvious glaring deficiencies on the offense that just screamed "BAD COACHING", just like all of you. Meanwhile, the defense continued to be very solid and well-coached yet again against superior offensive teams, and in seriously hostile situations last season, probably worse than what NU will see this upcoming season. I'm sick of seeing Bo's blackshirts get hung out to dry by pathetic offensive planning. Beck can absolutely not do worse. I think any number of metro area high school coaches could do more with less than Watson had to work with. Hell, Kansas St. and Iowa State both beat Texas last season.

Bottom line: There's more than 2 million reasons each year I think Bo knows more than any of you about football on both sides of the ball, and I trust him (and T.O.) to steer this program into the promised land, especially now that he's got all his own people on staff.

P.S. Lay off Taylor Martinez. That dude was out there limping and bleeding wearing the N, in extremely tough circumstances, and armchair quarterbacks on this board have the nerve to talk junk about him. He's not from here, why should he care about you or this state? but he goes out there, limping, and most kids wouldn't have. Most kids would be like, " hey coach, my ankle is jacked up and i can barely walk. I think I'll sit this one out" but he didn't. He kept going out there and getting killed over and over, and i'm just sitting there shaking my head. It hurt to watch him out there sometimes. So seriously, just shut up about him. That kid is a warrior and in my book he's proven it on the field, playing his heart out for your favorite team. "Not the victory..." and "in the deed the glory".

First off we arent bitching and WE ARE ON BOARD. I too became destructive last year watching our offense, A&M game is what did it for me. Nobody should have high expectations for this offense after the last 2 years. We just need improvement, if we improve over the course of the year, then everybody can have a hard on for this offense. Im being realistic and no I dont have low expectations.

Second, Taylor did sit out a few games last year, anyone remember???? Taylor doesnt have 10 wins has a QB he has 8, also 4 losses. I talk "junk" about Taylor cause he has not proven it on the field, atleast against teams that have a pulse. He lacks leadership skills, pocket presence, the desire to win and the respect of his teammates. Everybody can have the desire to win, but if dont put in the work then it wont happen. All needed to be a successful QB. Since everybody brings up Tommie Frazier now adays, not body liked Tommie as a friend. But every single person on that team RESPECTED Tommie. Why???? because he had all the intangibles stated above. He had those qualities as a freshman believe it or not.

Bravo.

Ahahahahahaha....... Did you really just say he lacks a desire to win? That's it... I've now heard it all.

Obviously you didnt read the sentence after. Everybody can have the desire to win, but you dont work at it then it wont happen.

+1 to sir!!!!!

Bravo.

little_girl_crying.jpg

You're right. THERE IS NO HOPE. Quick! Bury your head in the sand because here comes the big fat slow ten!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

+1 to sir!!!!!

Bravo.

little_girl_crying.jpg

You're right. THERE IS NO HOPE. Quick! Bury your head in the sand because here comes the big fat slow ten!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

I never said there wasnt any hope. You probably didnt read the whole post since you trying figure out how to post a picture in a thread.

I dont know what a little girl crying has to do with anything other than you crying about How everybody doesnt love Taylor.

the offense should get better, otherwise the new coaching and scheme will be identified as a failure......no one here is suggesting they won't improve, but some of us have tempered expectations based on new coaches, new scheme and many new players...why would any realistic person think otherwise? :wtf ......why is that so hard for some homers to deal with??

• Fire 1

Bo put a pretty good defensive coaching team together. I am hopeful that he did the same on the offensive side. The questions I have are did he get who he wanted or did he have to settle. I tend to feel that way for some reason. Hopefully I am wrong and we will see marked improvement in the offense.

Bo put a pretty good defensive coaching team together. I am hopeful that he did the same on the offensive side. The questions I have are did he get who he wanted or did he have to settle. I tend to feel that way for some reason. Hopefully I am wrong and we will see marked improvement in the offense.

I don't see at all that he had to settle my friend. This is "his" staff now that he richly deserves and improvement on that side of the ball is expected and demanded. I think Bo has no problem with that.

Really, just think about it. How hard will it be to improve on SW/Gilmore's coaching and/or scheming? It shouldn't be very difficult is my guess. We'll see at least a reasonably consistent "average" offense this year (which will be a HUGE improvement from the last two years).

Bo said he got exactly who he wanted, and it turned out exactly how he wanted.

Period. End of story.

Bo said he got exactly who he wanted, and it turned out exactly how he wanted.

Period. End of story.

Man, when I start the rise to my dictatorship, I hope the populace is constructed entirely of people just like you. (Just messing with ya. ;))

crying about How everybody doesnt love Taylor.

That is not at all what I said. I'm just saying keep it to yourself out of respect for the effort he's shown on the field. Honestly at this point I'm not sure how any blame for the offensive struggles of the last two seasons, and the last season in particular, can be laid at the feet of anyone other than the OC, and of course the dreaded injury bug.

We had the pieces to win every game last year, but the pieces weren't being used to their potential. That theme runs through every single thing anyone that matters has said about why the changes were made on offense.

That, and I believe this is a perfect time to make the type of changes that have been made. No sense in giving anyone in our new conference a chance to watch tape and gain anything useful on either side of the ball, as there is every reason to believe that so many changes are being made on O and D that the NU team we'll see on the field this year probably won't resemble the teams we've seen the last three years from a structural and functional standpoint. Or at least one would hope. Changes need to be made.

Another thought...Bo / Carl have demonstrated a knack for finding ways to counter how various offenses have the most success, making them win with their 2nd and 3rd options. Putting this defensive staff in the big ten, where the schemes are more traditional and predictable, is almost wrong. The teams that rely on the power game are going to find that running between the tackles will not work, just like Pelini & Co. found ways to stop the passing games of nearly every single team in the big 12 and elsewhere that relied on that to put the bulk of their points on the board. Think of all the quarterbacks that NU has made look horrible. You honestly think that any team is going to be able to simply line up and power down the field against the blackshirts? Zero chance of that happening. This Is Nebraska we're talking about, one of the icons of defense in the modern era. Every direction I look just from a conceptual standpoint it certainly seems to me that NU is poised to have instant success in the next couple years, provided that the new offense can do anything consistent, and show improvement, over the course of a season. Eventually the big ten will adjust, but it won't be this year. Add to that the debacle at Ohio State, and Wisconsin losing a ton of really key players, and I just don't see how NU doesn't win the conference this year, as long as Burkhead and Crick stay healthy.

crying about How everybody doesnt love Taylor.

That is not at all what I said. I'm just saying keep it to yourself out of respect for the effort he's shown on the field. Honestly at this point I'm not sure how any blame for the offensive struggles of the last two seasons, and the last season in particular, can be laid at the feet of anyone other than the OC, and of course the dreaded injury bug.

We had the pieces to win every game last year, but the pieces weren't being used to their potential. That theme runs through every single thing anyone that matters has said about why the changes were made on offense.

That, and I believe this is a perfect time to make the type of changes that have been made. No sense in giving anyone in our new conference a chance to watch tape and gain anything useful on either side of the ball, as there is every reason to believe that so many changes are being made on O and D that the NU team we'll see on the field this year probably won't resemble the teams we've seen the last three years from a structural and functional standpoint. Or at least one would hope. Changes need to be made.

Another thought...Bo / Carl have demonstrated a knack for finding ways to counter how various offenses have the most success, making them win with their 2nd and 3rd options. Putting this defensive staff in the big ten, where the schemes are more traditional and predictable, is almost wrong. The teams that rely on the power game are going to find that running between the tackles will not work, just like Pelini & Co. found ways to stop the passing games of nearly every single team in the big 12 and elsewhere that relied on that to put the bulk of their points on the board. Think of all the quarterbacks that NU has made look horrible. You honestly think that any team is going to be able to simply line up and power down the field against the blackshirts? Zero chance of that happening. This Is Nebraska we're talking about, one of the icons of defense in the modern era. Every direction I look just from a conceptual standpoint it certainly seems to me that NU is poised to have instant success in the next couple years, provided that the new offense can do anything consistent, and show improvement, over the course of a season. Eventually the big ten will adjust, but it won't be this year. Add to that the debacle at Ohio State, and Wisconsin losing a ton of really key players, and I just don't see how NU doesn't win the conference this year, as long as Burkhead and Crick stay healthy.

You were telling everybody to lay off taylor, not just me. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the field/sidelines this last year. If you dont agree with me, fine i can deal with that. But dont go on some rant about how Taylor bleeds red, played hurt, and all that garbage, we know that already. Then somehow you got that there wasnt any hope, which isnt even close to what was said. Just because Beck is the coordinator now doesnt mean we are gonna run up and down the field on anybody. Their needs to real expectations with this offense after we have seen the last 2 years, you guys are just drinking too much koolaid.Contiuned improvement over the course of the season will make this offense very successful.

Still dont know what the picture of the little girl crying has to do with anything.

• Fire 1

You were telling everybody to lay off taylor, not just me. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the field/sidelines this last year. If you dont agree with me, fine i can deal with that. But dont go on some rant about how Taylor bleeds red, played hurt, and all that garbage, we know that already. Then somehow you got that there wasnt any hope, which isnt even close to what was said. Just because Beck is the coordinator now doesnt mean we are gonna run up and down the field on anybody. Their needs to real expectations with this offense after we have seen the last 2 years, you guys are just drinking too much koolaid.Contiuned improvement over the course of the season will make this offense very successful.

Still dont know what the picture of the little girl crying has to do with anything.

Some posters just won't concede any point for any reason. It'll be interesting to see blasted's reaction if TM isn't the starter.

Some posters just won't concede any point for any reason. It'll be interesting to see blasted's reaction if TM isn't the starter.

If TM isn't the starter, Casey Martinez.....I mean blasted will have a minor heart attack.