Coach

Give me what ever you guys are smoking except for bball backer he knows what is going on

MU a basketball school is going to give Mike Anderson a chunk of money to stay and Doc

is just as good of a coach as Anderson is. I'm not sure right now who we could get

but not fing Brown or Knight

How on earth is Doc as good as Anderson?? Last time I checked Mizzou has been ranked and been making it to the tourney year in and year out. BTW he can recruit as well. I would be happy if Doc could do even 1 of those 3. I would most definitely take a Mike Anderson type of coach but I do know enough basketball to know Doc isn't it.

ummm let me see pre season rankings for the big 12

MU was picked to fisnish 4th or 5th they finished 5th

NU was picked to finish 10th or 11th they finished 8th

No one thought for one second we would be a tourney team so late

in the season Doc gets us to that point with a team that was picked

almost dead last in their own conference. Yeah he sucks

You just proved my point. If Doc was better than Anderson wouldn't after 5 seasons we would be predicted higher or at least closer to Mizzou. Wouldn't we also be ranked higher than 11th in the conferance after 5 years... Also don't you see it as a problem that not even for a second anyone thought we would be a tourney team.. He has had time to get his own players to fit his mold and it still doesn't help. No way Mizzou would put up and keep Anderson after 5 years if he produced absolutely nothing.

Doc has a lot more limitations at NU than Anderson had at MU. Overall Anderson has done more than Doc, but he's not a better coach.

Anderson can recruit. Game set match.

Give me what ever you guys are smoking except for bball backer he knows what is going on

MU a basketball school is going to give Mike Anderson a chunk of money to stay and Doc

is just as good of a coach as Anderson is. I'm not sure right now who we could get

but not fing Brown or Knight

How on earth is Doc as good as Anderson?? Last time I checked Mizzou has been ranked and been making it to the tourney year in and year out. BTW he can recruit as well. I would be happy if Doc could do even 1 of those 3. I would most definitely take a Mike Anderson type of coach but I do know enough basketball to know Doc isn't it.

ummm let me see pre season rankings for the big 12

MU was picked to fisnish 4th or 5th they finished 5th

NU was picked to finish 10th or 11th they finished 8th

No one thought for one second we would be a tourney team so late

in the season Doc gets us to that point with a team that was picked

almost dead last in their own conference. Yeah he sucks

You just proved my point. If Doc was better than Anderson wouldn't after 5 seasons we would be predicted higher or at least closer to Mizzou. Wouldn't we also be ranked higher than 11th in the conferance after 5 years... Also don't you see it as a problem that not even for a second anyone thought we would be a tourney team.. He has had time to get his own players to fit his mold and it still doesn't help. No way Mizzou would put up and keep Anderson after 5 years if he produced absolutely nothing.

Doc has a lot more limitations at NU than Anderson had at MU. Overall Anderson has done more than Doc, but he's not a better coach.

Anderson can recruit. Game set match.

Duh he can recruit but he sure in hell can't coach

I am talking about AAU. Any freshman coming in will be affiliated with an AAU team, that's not the point. Kids that will never play division I ball are playing AAU ball these days. The point is, kids that are worth anything are the ones tied to their coaches. Obviously a guy isn't going to be trying to sell his players that are 2 star recruits, it's the playmakers that are being "bought." Anderson doesn't have an A.D. saying 'no' to every AAU coach wanting to come in and run a clinic. Look it up, Mizzou has used AAU coaches. I can promise you Nebraska won't as long as Tom is here. That is a HUGE limitation and if you don't wanna believe it just take a peak at all the recruiting violations being investigated. They all involve top programs being linked to AAU coaches. It's a fact. Find me one team that won 20 games this year and hasn't hired an AAU coach to at least come in and help with just one camp. I'd bet my life savings you can't do it. College basketball is extremely dirty and right now we have an AD that wants to be squeaky clean - it can work but it's gonna take luck and a damn long time. New facilities and a contract extension are about the only chance Doc has, we'll see if he gets it done or not.

I am talking about AAU. Any freshman coming in will be affiliated with an AAU team, that's not the point. Kids that will never play division I ball are playing AAU ball these days. The point is, kids that are worth anything are the ones tied to their coaches. Obviously a guy isn't going to be trying to sell his players that are 2 star recruits, it's the playmakers that are being "bought." Anderson doesn't have an A.D. saying 'no' to every AAU coach wanting to come in and run a clinic. Look it up, Mizzou has used AAU coaches. I can promise you Nebraska won't as long as Tom is here. That is a HUGE limitation and if you don't wanna believe it just take a peak at all the recruiting violations being investigated. They all involve top programs being linked to AAU coaches. It's a fact. Find me one team that won 20 games this year and hasn't hired an AAU coach to at least come in and help with just one camp. I'd bet my life savings you can't do it. College basketball is extremely dirty and right now we have an AD that wants to be squeaky clean - it can work but it's gonna take luck and a damn long time. New facilities and a contract extension are about the only chance Doc has, we'll see if he gets it done or not.

I'm not going to lie I wont put in the time to look up one but I guarantee there is probably one out there like at a school like Butler. Butler is a "squeaky clean" program that puts basketball second to the university. But it amazes me that we wont go after recruits like that. Like you said pretty much every single basketball team in the nation does it and we do similar things like that with our football program. Tom is being a hypocrate in this case cause he will let highschool football coaches come in and look at the program but won't let AAU ones do it simply because its basketball.

If I pass around my hat and you all throw some money in, do you think we could come up with enough to get Brad Stevens at NU? I like Doc, but this guy is a badass.

As much as I am in on throwing in a bone or two, we both know this will never happen. It is sad to say that Butler to NU right now wouldn't even be a lateral move for the guy. Straight step backwards for Brad. Conference that he owns, great fanbase and faculty support, and a far superior recruiting base around him. He can probably go get any job he wants now. Good for him

Brad Stevens was the topic of a conversation that aspeedlin and I had. He is the next big thing. Love watching his teams play. He is going to get a big time offer that he can't pass up and he is going to be gone. His future is not at Butler unless Butler moves conferences. Which I don't see happening.

Ahh man as much as I would love to get Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart the chances are basically zero. Stevens could go literally anywhere he wanted to and Smart sadly could get a job better than Nebraska. No doubt he would rather stay at VCU then cime here simply because he loves it there.

Brad Stevens was the topic of a conversation that aspeedlin and I had. He is the next big thing. Love watching his teams play. He is going to get a big time offer that he can't pass up and he is going to be gone. His future is not at Butler unless Butler moves conferences. Which I don't see happening.

He has said more than once that he loves Butler and plans on staying there for a long time. He said he wants to build Butler up to the heights of schools like Duke and Kansas. I dont see him leaving anytime soon unless its a job like Duke or Kansas.

He has said more than once that he loves Butler and plans on staying there for a long time. He said he wants to build Butler up to the heights of schools like Duke and Kansas. I dont see him leaving anytime soon unless its a job like Duke or Kansas.

Exactly. He'll be at Butler for awhile, and as much as I hate to do it because of Barry, Butler has a new fan right here.

Exactly. He'll be at Butler for awhile, and as much as I hate to do it because of Barry, Butler has a new fan right here.

For some weird reason I flat out dislike Butler. I think it's because I'm supposed to like them, you know what I mean? Like they're "everybody's underdog" or something. I don't know...I'm weird. But I'll be pulling hard for VCU I guess.