Coach

I'm gonna go with:

Doc calls up Pearl and invites him to come to Lincoln for a few days. After a weekend of catching Pearl up on everything that Doc has done the last 5 years and what is to come in the next few years, Bruce decides he likes what he sees. He is tired of being the "guy" and wants some of this stuff to blow over so he decides in the mean time (since he doesn't want to leave coaching completely) that a glorified assistant is the way to go. He says he'd love to help Doc get things going and comes to NU as an assistant for a couple years. That's my pipedream.

I could only imagine what it would be like if we had a team that was an NCAA tournament type, year in and year out. The loyal fans that support the teams no matter what, and the rest of the fans that are just waiting to fill the stands not just for basketball, but for baseball as well, would keep those venues filled. This move to the B1G would be perfect if we had the right coaches in place. Moving to the B1G might be just what was needed, to get some of those kids who look at the conference as a step up from the big-12. Maybe if it helps with recruiting, then Sadler and Anderson might be the right ones. We can only hope.

GBR!!!

Not only is Pearl available but so is Larry Brown. Brown announced that he wanted to coach college ball again and that would be an awesome hire. He is proven and knows how to win. We didnt pick the best time to give Doc an extension.

:yeah ...and there is another guy out there too. With Coach K poised to break his career games won record Bob Knight might want to add a few wins to his record 902 victories. I know he's controversial but he's a winner, runs a clean program and graduates his players.

T_O_B

:bigredn::bigredn::bigredn:

Give me what ever you guys are smoking except for bball backer he knows what is going on

MU a basketball school is going to give Mike Anderson a chunk of money to stay and Doc

is just as good of a coach as Anderson is. I'm not sure right now who we could get

but not fing Brown or Knight

Give me what ever you guys are smoking except for bball backer he knows what is going on

MU a basketball school is going to give Mike Anderson a chunk of money to stay and Doc

is just as good of a coach as Anderson is. I'm not sure right now who we could get

How on earth is Doc as good as Anderson?? Last time I checked Mizzou has been ranked and been making it to the tourney year in and year out. BTW he can recruit as well. I would be happy if Doc could do even 1 of those 3. I would most definitely take a Mike Anderson type of coach but I do know enough basketball to know Doc isn't it.

How on earth is Doc as good as Anderson?? Last time I checked Mizzou has been ranked and been making it to the tourney year in and year out. BTW he can recruit as well. I would be happy if Doc could do even 1 of those 3. I would most definitely take a Mike Anderson type of coach but I do know enough basketball to know Doc isn't it.

ummm let me see pre season rankings for the big 12

MU was picked to fisnish 4th or 5th they finished 5th

NU was picked to finish 10th or 11th they finished 8th

No one thought for one second we would be a tourney team so late

in the season Doc gets us to that point with a team that was picked

almost dead last in their own conference. Yeah he sucks

OK, now let me see. UNL had one win they shouldn't have won. I'll give you the one win against Texas and if we played nine more Texas goes home 9 - 1. After the Texas win the Huskers go 1 and 3 and then goes to the conference tourney and gets beat by OSU in the first round. Nebraska then goes to the NIT and gets embarrased by 27 points in the first round. You're right he does suck!

T_O_B

OK, now let me see. UNL had one win they shouldn't have won. I'll give you the one win against Texas and if we played nine more Texas goes home 9 - 1. After the Texas win the Huskers go 1 and 3 and then goes to the conference tourney and gets beat by OSU in the first round. Nebraska then goes to the NIT and gets embarrased by 27 points in the first round. You're right he does suck!

T_O_B

Mike Anderson is probably the one and only big 12 coach to get outcoached by Doc Sadler time and time again. It's actually a consistent fact. and Doc has had to do it with less talent to work with than Anderson. Yes, i concur that Doc is a better coach than Mike Anderson.

• Fire 1

You just proved my point. If Doc was better than Anderson wouldn't after 5 seasons we would be predicted higher or at least closer to Mizzou. Wouldn't we also be ranked higher than 11th in the conferance after 5 years... Also don't you see it as a problem that not even for a second anyone thought we would be a tourney team.. He has had time to get his own players to fit his mold and it still doesn't help. No way Mizzou would put up and keep Anderson after 5 years if he produced absolutely nothing.

You just proved my point. If Doc was better than Anderson wouldn't after 5 seasons we would be predicted higher or at least closer to Mizzou. Wouldn't we also be ranked higher than 11th in the conferance after 5 years... Also don't you see it as a problem that not even for a second anyone thought we would be a tourney team.. He has had time to get his own players to fit his mold and it still doesn't help. No way Mizzou would put up and keep Anderson after 5 years if he produced absolutely nothing.

Doc has a lot more limitations at NU than Anderson had at MU. Overall Anderson has done more than Doc, but he's not a better coach.

Doc has a lot more limitations at NU than Anderson had at MU. Overall Anderson has done more than Doc, but he's not a better coach.

Anderson can recruit. Game set match.

Just wondering but what are the limitations? I hope your not talking about the AAU one cause thats a lie. Look at our past recruiting classes and you will see we have recruited and gotten AAU players.