Iowa game

In all seriousness...

Neb 27 Iowa 10

That is unless Vandenburg turns into Johnny Unitas, which I do not see happening

You really think Nebraska can score 27 on one of the nations premire D's? I mean look it up, Iowa has had atleast the same D as you guys had last year, except we have been doing it for 10 or so years. You all gonna have to be pretty good on O to get 27 on Iowas D. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now. OH St cant get by with more than 3 the last two times we met. I am not saying Iowa is all that and a bag of chips, but they do show up, which is more than you can say for most of the B10. (Iowa does have a problem with losing the easy ones thou).

In all seriousness...

Neb 27 Iowa 10

That is unless Vandenburg turns into Johnny Unitas, which I do not see happening

I mean look it up, Iowa has had atleast the same D as you guys had last year, except we have been doing it for 10 or so years.

Not buyin' it. I'm sorry - I don't think you fully understand how bad our offense has been the past couple years, and 27 points would certainly be a reach unless it improves an awful lot. But your statement that Iowa has had at least the same D as we had last year, and you've been doing it for 10 years... you really don't understand how good our defense is.

Come on shellback, I was just about to forgive you for your insanely large font, due to the fact you brought up FB's the other day, and awhile back I said I suspected you all would be hearing Legates name more this year. But now I don't know.

Please clarify why my fonts bother you? I am not yelling. Everyone is different and I am who I am. Plus, find in the guidelines that state anyone who are members had to use a certain font to make comments. Please let me know when you find it. Sorry you found my fonts to be rude. My advise would be not to read anything I have posted and I will return the favor right back at ya.

:bonesflag:

Wow, take a hit and relax. I wasnt serious. Execept for the part about agreeing with you on the importance of a FB. Wowser!!!!!!

Not a problem. I was laughing when I wrote that.........:lol:......................Got ya!

You really think Nebraska can score 27 on one of the nations premire D's? I mean look it up, Iowa has had atleast the same D as you guys had last year, except we have been doing it for 10 or so years. You all gonna have to be pretty good on O to get 27 on Iowas D. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now. OH St cant get by with more than 3 the last two times we met. I am not saying Iowa is all that and a bag of chips, but they do show up, which is more than you can say for most of the B10. (Iowa does have a problem with losing the easy ones thou).

Nah. Nebraska's defense will be a revelation for you, apparently. And not a good one.

Come on shellback, I was just about to forgive you for your insanely large font, due to the fact you brought up FB's the other day, and awhile back I said I suspected you all would be hearing Legates name more this year. But now I don't know.

Please clarify why my fonts bother you? I am not yelling. Everyone is different and I am who I am. Plus, find in the guidelines that state anyone who are members had to use a certain font to make comments. Please let me know when you find it. Sorry you found my fonts to be rude. My advise would be not to read anything I have posted and I will return the favor right back at ya.

Wow, take a hit and relax. I wasnt serious. Execept for the part about agreeing with you on the importance of a FB. Wowser!!!!!!

I usually don't read his posts, I always think its a stupid signature.

• Fire 1

Nah. Nebraska's defense will be a revelation for you, apparently. And not a good one.

If I am not mistaken, they both gave up the same amount of ppg last year. Then factor in there is no arguing Iowa played much more balanced teams. Finally I am not saying there were gashing holes, but if I remember right Nebraska was somewhat subject to the run. Iowa lost alot this year on D, but if you look back, we were actually a higher ranked and a better D BEFORE last years front 4 were even recruited. I am not positive but I think besides a couple years Iowa has been a top 20 D for about 10 years, and a top 10 many times.

Not a problem. I was laughing when I wrote that.........:lol:......................Got ya!

Cool. I was a little off my game last night. :)

If I am not mistaken, they both gave up the same amount of ppg last year. Then factor in there is no arguing Iowa played much more balanced teams. Finally I am not saying there were gashing holes, but if I remember right Nebraska was somewhat subject to the run. Iowa lost alot this year on D, but if you look back, we were actually a higher ranked and a better D BEFORE last years front 4 were even recruited. I am not positive but I think besides a couple years Iowa has been a top 20 D for about 10 years, and a top 10 many times.

I think it's might be more accurate to state that the Huskers fared better against the pass than the run - but I don't think it's that we were weak against the run. What made us susceptible to being gashed on ocassion was more due to the fact that our defense has been geared to stopping spread and spread-option attacks. For just one example, we typically played with only one linebacker - or, at best, one linebacker and a hybrid safety/linebacker.

I suspect that changes in the Big 10 for most teams since the Big 10 is by far better overall running the ball than the Big 12. However, given everything I've seen of Bo (both at Nebraska and other stops), this will be a matter of changing alignments/personnel - Bo's been pretty good against "run first" offenses. That's part of what's so exciting about going to the Big 10 - all the uncertainty and how teams scheme and react.

I think it's might be more accurate to state that the Huskers fared better against the pass than the run - but I don't think it's that we were weak against the run. What made us susceptible to being gashed on ocassion was more due to the fact that our defense has been geared to stopping spread and spread-option attacks. For just one example, we typically played with only one linebacker - or, at best, one linebacker and a hybrid safety/linebacker.

I suspect that changes in the Big 10 for most teams since the Big 10 is by far better overall running the ball than the Big 12. However, given everything I've seen of Bo (both at Nebraska and other stops), this will be a matter of changing alignments/personnel - Bo's been pretty good against "run first" offenses. That's part of what's so exciting about going to the Big 10 - all the uncertainty and how teams scheme and react.

I agree, that's why I said somewhat subject to the run. If anyone thinks Nebraska is just going to lie down and let them run it, they are fools. Thats also why I made it my last point, as it does not factor in alot, but is still a question mark at the end of the day.

In all seriousness...

Neb 27 Iowa 10

Nebraska has a premiere defense, you guys have a good defense, there is a difference.

And by then the Offense will have an identity. So yeah, 27 instead of 49...

Well this is kind of crazy. We knew our D was bad this last year, but I didnt realize how bad.

People who have put atleast 27 on us, maybe they won, maybe not.

2010 -- - - 2009 -- - 2008

AZ (34) -- OH St (27)-- Ill (27)

Mich (28) -- Mich (28) --

Wiskey (31)--

MN (27)--

I would be very surprised, if KF doesnt know this and do everything he can to correct the problem. We should have a very hungry D this year, yes some inexperience, but good god if it slides anymore, some coaches might be looking for jobs. I am glad we had this convo, or I never would have seen the actual numbers that point out what we already knew.

I think you all came in around 7th and Iowa at 14th