Wisconsin

I understand Wisconsin was a very good team this last year, and that they seldom lose at home. In no way do I think this will be an easy game - it will be tough. But to hear some people talk, you'd think this is a near impossible game. Remember that they are having to replace a prolific passer, and it sounds like that's been a tough task thus far according to the middle of this article.

The practice didn't include as many interceptions as on Tuesday. Still, starting quarterback Jon Budmayr threw a couple. During a red-zone pass skeleton drill, which did not include a pass rush, Budmayr threw a ball that was tipped by safety Josh Peprah and picked off by cornerback Peniel Jean.

Later, during the team red-zone portion, Budmayr had a terrible inteception when he scrambled and tried to force the ball into Jared Abbrederis despite double coverage in the end zone. The throw went right to cornerback Devin Smith, who made the easy interception.

Also sounds like they've had issues with their line and with the ability of some running backs to pick up blitzes. All of these things bode extremely well for Pelini and Co.

I honestly believe people are putting too much stock in our opponents. Will the schedule be easy? no. no schedule is unless you're TCU or BSU. But it was just two years ago when the Big Ten was mediocre. They had two surprise teams in Wisconsin and Michigan St. and from what I'm seeing both lost a lot. So far the conference has been inconsistent in the past couple years with some teams going up and down every year. It was two years ago that Wisconsin's head coach was on the hot seat. but ill focus on Wisconsin since thats the first team we play in the big 10. we go there so they have that going for them but honestly, nebraska plays better away anyways so i could care less on venue. second if they can't get their Qb issues straightened out, they more than likely wont win. Reason being, Our D will be the best Unit of the Big Ten. Ill take it against any offense in that conference and say its better than Ohio St's D. and as far as our O. Wisconsin isn't exactly boasting a great D either. Our offense is going to be better than last years. I say that because it cant be any worse than the past two years and there is going to be so many playmakers, plus a QB who can outrun anybody on their team. Optimistic on the O? maybe but if its going to be simple and attacking D's ill take our talent over the Big 10s any day of the week. we also get a lot of time to work on the O before the game and get guys going. I just don't think its going to be as tough as everyone makes it. i see our setbacks being, understanding of the O and injuries. other than that, No more watson and gilmore wasting our talent.

I totally agree, I don't think that Wisconsin will be even close to the dominant team that they were this past year. Again, I don't think that it will be an easy game, especially on the road, but I like our chances. Its definitely a game that we could lose, but its not the game that everyone is making it out to be IMHO.

Oh and if they think that they're gonna be ok just running the ball and being one dimensional. not happening, Bo feasts on one dimensional teams. Our D is set up like a SEC's D. Who's been locking down Big 10 O's in the past ten years?? Sec Defense's. I rest my case

Btw didnt TCU's D contain one of Wisconsin's best offenses in school history? ha. like i said, i like our chances this year.

Oh and if they think that they're gonna be ok just running the ball and being one dimensional. not happening, Bo feasts on one dimensional teams. Our D is set up like a SEC's D. Who's been locking down Big 10 O's in the past ten years?? Sec Defense's. I rest my case

Btw didnt TCU's D contain one of Wisconsin's best offenses in school history? ha. like i said, i like our chances this year.

They're going to run to set up the pass. Lot harder to blitz the QB and cover the receivers when you have 9 in the box.

The past 10 years? Really? Care to post proof of that? Because the Big10 holds a 16-15 record against the SEC in the BCS era.

And Wisconsin didn't even try to run against TCU which is why they lost.

But feel free to underestimate Wisconsin at Madison.

well my bad, let me make better sense of it, When it comes to top teams going at it in big games, Sec prevails, we are a top team in the big ten with a top D. so yes i stick by that. If the Sec had troubles it was because their lack of O. Am I underestimating them? prob but to be a timid little girl about them is something im not. no offense but i think some people give too much respect, and act a little soft, and need to go in with the mindset that we will beat everyone because considering what Nebraska has and who we're playing, its not impossible. A team that lost their starting QB who helped taking them to the Rose Bowl in my opinion is a huge blow. and as far as them not trying to run. TCU was getting in the backfield and making stops at times as well. Their linebackers were flying all over the place. second if they try pulling that again on us. game over. Wisconsin is not going to beat us just running and not going to beat us abandoning it and passing. especially not being as strong as last year.

well my bad, let me make better sense of it, When it comes to top teams going at it in big games, Sec prevails, we are a top team in the big ten with a top D. so yes i stick by that. If the Sec had troubles it was because their lack of O. Am I underestimating them? prob but to be a timid little girl about them is something im not. no offense but i think some people give too much respect, and act a little soft, and need to go in with the mindset that we will beat everyone because considering what Nebraska has and who we're playing, its not impossible. A team that lost their starting QB who helped taking them to the Rose Bowl in my opinion is a huge blow. and as far as them not trying to run. TCU was getting in the backfield and making stops at times as well. Their linebackers were flying all over the place. second if they try pulling that again on us. game over. Wisconsin is not going to beat us just running and not going to beat us abandoning it and passing. especially not being as strong as last year.

Top teams?

PSU is 9-4

Iowa is 3-1

Michigan is 10-4

Your basis is solely on Ohio State. (although they're 8-9-1 overall against the SEC but that is contradictory to your post). I'm not saying bow down to Wisconsin, but to say...,"oh it's not going to be hard", is where the issue lies

I think we'll be fine. We lost a couple of offensive linemen, but their replacements are just as good or nearly as good. They just need to get used to each other, get in sync (starting center Peter Konz is not practicing due to a high ankle sprain). I'm not worried about them or the running backs situation. Quarterback is probably the biggest question mark, but the offense Wisconsin runs usually requires that the QB be more of a "game manager" than anything else. Scott Tolzein just did that really well because he was so efficient.

And Wisconsin didn't even try to run against TCU which is why they lost.

It's true, we probably lost to TCU because for some reason, we forgot that our primary strength is running the ball up the middle. If you watch Wisconsin's first and last drives of that game, that's exactly how the offense moved down the field easily. In between, we just tried to get too cute. That game was unbelievably frustrating to watch for that reason alone. But -- TCU's defense was really very good though, and they deserved a lot of credit for stopping Wisconsin's offense, which was quite the machine last season.

We might not win the Big Ten next season, but I wouldn't count on an easy win over Wisconsin at Camp Randall.

My reason for this rant is simple. We are going into the big ten because we fit the culture, tradition, money is better, academics, and texas is not in it. But as far as what we put on the field is completely different. Nebraska will never be a Big 10 type team. Bo knows what wins and thats physicality, fundamentals, and speed. just look at who we're recruiting, we fit an SEC mold on D and heading towards a Oregon/ high octane big 12 O. Bo knows this style has been the thorn in the big 10's back. always has been. always will be. Just open your eyes and see what the coaches are telling you. We are going to dictate!. Our D dictates our opponents. We're shaping our O to dictate just like them. We're putting the speed on the field. We're going to be fast paced. when it gets to that point, forget your schemes boys, its all about who's faster and who's better. right now nebraska is winning that battle.

look i dont want to disrespect wisconsin or our new opponents. But to compare those teams with One team who has been dominating this conference forever is not right. Ohio St is the big boy. and the rest know it. so when the best got put out there, Sec whooped their a$$. the game wont be easy and yes we have some guys to replace as well. but im way more confident than most. Wisconsin will still put up big numbers next year and still be good. but im focusing on them vs us and next year, we have the clear advantage.

look i dont want to disrespect wisconsin or our new opponents. But to compare those teams with One team who has been dominating this conference forever is not right. Ohio St is the big boy. and the rest know it. so when the best got put out there, Sec whooped their a$$. the game wont be easy and yes we have some guys to replace as well. but im way more confident than most. Wisconsin will still put up big numbers next year and still be good. but im focusing on them vs us and next year, we have the clear advantage.

Which all that means is their top team was better than our top team. Top to bottom the Big10 has hung with the SEC each and every year.