Taylor Martinez Sports Science

SOME people had no problem with pinning the loss on Martinez, you mean. Those would also be people who don't know a lot about football.

:facepalm: 75% of this board? OH WELL, Lance is always right.

You're dreaming if you think 75% of this board blamed Taylor Martinez for losing the bowl game.

I was talking about Oklahoma. And it might have been like 40% because the other 60% were too busy blaming Watson.

Coming up with a percentage of people who felt this or that way is pretty tough. There were a lot of people pretty upset with Martinez over a large portion of the season, that's pretty easy to agree on.

EDIT - NOTE: Several off-topic posts were moved from this thread to HERE. Enjoy.

I didn't say Cody would lose us games. I said he has never QB'd a game where we beat a team with a winning record.

The QB didn't lose us the game against Oklahoma or Washington last year. Not sure why you think that, but it's not remotely true. We had a 17-0 lead over the Sooners and our defense let us down. The entire team took a crap in the bowl game, as has been well documented here. Pinning those losses on Martinez is a lot like saying Cody is responsible for beating Oklahoma in 2009.

Didnt the QB throw an INT into the endzone up 17-0. OU got the ball with the big mo and shot down the field in a hurry. I wouldnt say our QB lost us the game or our defense lost us the game. But the fact is that we were up 17-0, the QB threw a ball he never shoulve have thrown. Id rather he do one of those stupid a** flicks, take the intentional grounding, kick the FG. Things might have been different or they might have not. In the end it was atleast a 10pt swing, maybe a 14 pt swing. Nebraska didnt look like the same team after that play, they had defeat written all over their faces.

I didn't say Cody would lose us games. I said he has never QB'd a game where we beat a team with a winning record.

The QB didn't lose us the game against Oklahoma or Washington last year. Not sure why you think that, but it's not remotely true. We had a 17-0 lead over the Sooners and our defense let us down. The entire team took a crap in the bowl game, as has been well documented here. Pinning those losses on Martinez is a lot like saying Cody is responsible for beating Oklahoma in 2009.

Didnt the QB throw an INT into the endzone up 17-0. OU got the ball with the big mo and shot down the field in a hurry. I wouldnt say our QB lost us the game or our defense lost us the game. But the fact is that we were up 17-0, the QB threw a ball he never shoulve have thrown. Id rather he do one of those stupid a** flicks, take the intentional grounding, kick the FG. Things might have been different or they might have not. In the end it was atleast a 10pt swing, maybe a 14 pt swing. Nebraska didnt look like the same team after that play, they had defeat written all over their faces.

Nothing you're saying is untrue.

But it still doesn't mean Taylor Martinez "lost us the game." He was absolutely not alone in blowing that loss, and that's the only point I'm making. One INT should not have submarined the Blackshirts like that.

Prediction: Martinez gets 'hurt' Carnes comes in and plays well. Taylor then switches to a role like Jamal Turners for the next season...I hope I am completely wrong, but I see this happening.

I think he'd rather transfer than switch positions. fe, Crouch.

Nothing you're saying is untrue.

But it still doesn't mean Taylor Martinez "lost us the game." He was absolutely not alone in blowing that loss, and that's the only point I'm making. One INT should not have submarined the Blackshirts like that.

I wasnt trying to say the QB lost us the game. Im just refering to the one boneheaded play, where the QB should have done something else with the ball like throw it out of bounds or even just run out of bounds. I think thats where Taylors decision making has to get better before this next season starts. That decision didnt cost us the game, but it certainly didnt help. If OU didnt score, then NU cameback and scored atleast 3 it wouldnt have been that big of deal.

SOME people had no problem with pinning the loss on Martinez, you mean. Those would also be people who don't know a lot about football.

i guess deleting my comments is part of your strategy for dealing with people who do not share your views? pitiful... :bs:

If you would read, you'd see where they went. ;)

Looking at this tape, at 1:15 it shows Taylor throwing a TD against OSU, and the delivery is exactly like the pass he lofted downfield in the Spring Game - off his back foot, poor base, poor overall mechanics. It went for a score, but this is something they HAVE TO fix with him going forward.

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks Nexus for posting that video. Explains why the bus was here yesterday!

The QB didn't lose us the game against Oklahoma or Washington last year. Not sure why you think that, but it's not remotely true. We had a 17-0 lead over the Sooners and our defense let us down.

Our defense let us down? I watched a rerun of the game yesterday on ESPNU (actually more like 4 offensive possessions cause I couldn't bare to watch it anymore) and in three possessions to end the first half 1. pass INT in endzone on a terrible decision 2. fumble by Roy Helu in Oklahoma territory 3. decent drive to get us into field goal range to end half 4. fumble by Martinez in Oklahoma territory on first possession of second half. I wouldn't say that was the defense letting us down. Three turnovers in four possessions is horendous and two were on the QB. I'm not saying he lost that game by himself, because he had lots of help from other players, but he was a big part of it.