DT Brandon Johnson

Player: Brandon Johnson

Hometown: Compton, California

Position: DT

Height: 6'3

Weight: 310

40 time: 4.75

Visit Date: Oct. 8, 2005 (TTech)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Marshall, Illinois, Arizona, Arizona State

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: N/R/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: N/R

Assessing the Talent: Johnson is an aggresive guy on the field. He hails from the same college that Ola Dagunduro was recruited from last year. The coaching staff began to notice him last year during a scrimmage when they were in the process of recruiting Ola. John Blake is currently all over him, like he was all over Ola last year. Blake seems to have an eye for finding aggresive defensive lineman. He consider John Blake as a father figure and feels he can talk to him about anything.

When asked about his other offer, he said Arizona was a good school, but he has a stronger bond with the Nebraska coaches then the Arizona coaches, which would indicate something positive for the Huskers.

When asked what he knows about Nebraska and what he expects on his trip

I know they have huge tradiation and that the defense is playing really good this year" he said. Last year, they were rebuilding, but the coaches and players seem to be in the right direction, and i wouldn't mind being a part of it"

One challange he is looking forward to is facing Coach Blake in NCAA Football 2006

"Yeah, he promised me a match and i told him i was looking forward to beating him" he said laughing.

That's all i can comment on at the moment, but this guy will end up a husker soon. If i had to put my money on him, i would say he could verbal a couple of days after his visit, if not during the visit.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 95%

journal.jpg

Nebraska apparently has picked up verbal commitments from three junior college football players, each of whom visited Lincoln this weekend.

Andre Jones, a cornerback from Fresno (Calif.) City College, this morning confirmed via cell phone that he and teammate Steve Allen committed to the Huskers. The 6-foot, 192-pound Jones picked NU over offers from Southern Cal, Arkansas, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

Thousands of fans chanted his name at Saturday’s game against Tech, Jones said.

“It was the most amazing thing,” he said. “Those fans are ridiculous.”

Allen is a 6-foot-2, 230-pound linebacker who had received offers from Nebraska and Central Florida.

Meanwhile, Rivals.com confirmed that Nebraska also received a commitment from 6-3, 312-pound defensive tackle Brandon Johnson of Compton (Calif.) Community College, the same school that produced Ola Dagunduro.

Johnson also had an offer from Arizona and said last week he was receiving strong interest from Minnesota, Marshall, Colorado and Oregon.

• 1 month later...

hello, b johnson has said according to scout that he is not a soft verbal, & that he is very N. There was a rumor that he along w/ palmer & atkins (compton jc teammates) were going to visit wa - palmer & atkins will be visiting wa 12/03, yet johnson is not going anywhere but to the UN

he also said that palmer (who will visit UN 12/09) wants to continue to play football & attend school w/ johnson, & that aaron mason (ot from santa monica jc) has told him that he will be playing for UN come '06 - so watch for him to commit when he visits on 12/09 along w/ palmer

• 2 weeks later...