Roy to Washington

Shanahan, that's promising. What's the depth chart like up there in Washington, D.C? I know last year they went and got every veteran RB and their mother. Fast Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, etc, or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong team with some of these. And they still have Ladell Betts. It's good that Helu is part of the youth movement. I think he'll do great there.

All those Veterans are no longer with the team so he could easily be their number 2 back behind Ryan Torain.

Dejon Gomes and Niles Paul join Helu in Washington. Every Husker thus far has been drafted by a NFC east team.

I've heard of Helu and seen him play. I can't recall the other ones. Are they good?

Gomes is very good. Ball hawk. Paul is great to laugh at. Like a clown. He's Washington's problem now.

• Fire 1

Shanahan, that's promising. What's the depth chart like up there in Washington, D.C? I know last year they went and got every veteran RB and their mother. Fast Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, etc, or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong team with some of these. And they still have Ladell Betts. It's good that Helu is part of the youth movement. I think he'll do great there.

Kieland Williams and Ryan Torrain will be the only two running backs that they can afford to bring back. Both Torrain and Williams were oft-injured all of last season. Roy Helu will certainly get his shot at the starting job in Washington with those looming injury risks. He'll be a good 1-2 punch in the meantime. Could be worth a spot on a fantasy roster next year.

Kieland Williams and Ryan Torrain will be the only two running backs that they can afford to bring back. Both Torrain and Williams were oft-injured all of last season. Roy Helu will certainly get his shot at the starting job in Washington with those looming injury risks. He'll be a good 1-2 punch in the meantime. Could be worth a spot on a fantasy roster next year.

Torain took the role as Portis was the injured one. Helu is going to be 2nd string at best. This doesn't speak of his ability, just Torain is that good.

I'm interested in seeing what role Helu plays for the Redskins in the future.

By my estimations, Roy's body won't hold up being the #1 guy for an NFL franchise. He had health issues the last three years at Nebraska, and was held out of two consecutive bowl games because of knee issues.

He could be a nice change of pace back, but as Adam Schefter said when Helu got drafted, you don't pick a guy that early and make the moves to get him without really liking him.