Russell Wilson pursued by Nebraska

Yeah, we are plenty loaded at quarterback as it is. Especially if, on the off chance, Starling decides against the mlb.

I'm curious of what your definition of 'loaded' is. If it means anything other than we have many QB's on scholie's then I couldn't disagree more.

We have two with playing time. Green is not the man. I'm in the camp that believes we still don't know what we have with T-Mart yet. Carnes looked great in the spring game (which is a practice).

I'm going to go out on the limb and say we don't have much. If we have a scholy to burn for one year, why not give it a try?

Since you brought it back I'll take the opportunity to gloat.

It would have been cool to get him, but I think that the very idea of bringing in players for one year or for a very short amount of time leaves a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths after seeing BC bring in the likes of Keller and just generally trying to throw together a team quickly and with little regard for development. I think that, on principle, it was better to not bring in a QB for a year.

Yeah, most Nebraska fans will be eating crow for this..

It's pretty funny to see what everyone was saying at the time. We lost this game when we lost the recruiting battle for this kid. I wish he would have just went to Auburn and then Wisky is a four or five loss team because they don't have anybody at QB other than him.

Yeah he kinda got hosed. Sounds to me the coach wasn't exactly broken up about losing him though.

Exactly. This isn't something you do to a stud player. There's something this coach knows that led him to grant the release. I know nothing about Wilson, but the fact that he was released was enough for me to say we don't want him.

We aren't loaded at QB, but we do have talent. And College Football is all about developing talent, not plugging in proven talent. That's the NFL.

This guy is only going to a school where he can come in and start right away, like Sam Keller and/or Greg Paulus. There is zero chance Bo is going to bring this guy in here and put him in front of Martinez and Carnes, two guys he's working on developing. Both already burned their redshirts, so neither is going to sit on the bench and lose a year to this guy.

If we bring him in, it means the coaches think we're hurting at QB, and if Bo was confident enough in Martinez to start him as a freshman, there's no way he thinks this.

These are my two initial posts in this thread, and I stand by them. These are the reasons we didn't bring Newton in here. Bielema took a huge risk bringing Wilson to Wisconsin. He had done wonderful things at NC State, but he did them against weaker ACC foes. The jury was still WAY out on Wilson coming to a new conference, competing against different defenses, etc. I still believe that not bringing him in was the safe thing to do.

The 20/20 hindsight guy says, "We should have brought him in here." But next year, what are we left with? A Junior Taylor Martinez with no more practical game experience and a Sophomore Brion Carnes with absolutely zero experience. The net result would be a negative moving forward, although it may have helped us this year.

Regardless of whether we had Wilson this year or not, it wouldn't be helping our defense. That's the most baffling thing of all - we are so bad on Bo's side of the ball. I do not get that.

Yeah he kinda got hosed. Sounds to me the coach wasn't exactly broken up about losing him though.

Exactly. This isn't something you do to a stud player. There's something this coach knows that led him to grant the release. I know nothing about Wilson, but the fact that he was released was enough for me to say we don't want him.

We aren't loaded at QB, but we do have talent. And College Football is all about developing talent, not plugging in proven talent. That's the NFL.

This guy is only going to a school where he can come in and start right away, like Sam Keller and/or Greg Paulus. There is zero chance Bo is going to bring this guy in here and put him in front of Martinez and Carnes, two guys he's working on developing. Both already burned their redshirts, so neither is going to sit on the bench and lose a year to this guy.

If we bring him in, it means the coaches think we're hurting at QB, and if Bo was confident enough in Martinez to start him as a freshman, there's no way he thinks this.

These are my two initial posts in this thread, and I stand by them. These are the reasons we didn't bring Newton in here. Bielema took a huge risk bringing Wilson to Wisconsin. He had done wonderful things at NC State, but he did them against weaker ACC foes. The jury was still WAY out on Wilson coming to a new conference, competing against different defenses, etc. I still believe that not bringing him in was the safe thing to do.

The 20/20 hindsight guy says, "We should have brought him in here." But next year, what are we left with? A Junior Taylor Martinez with no more practical game experience and a Sophomore Brion Carnes with absolutely zero experience. The net result would be a negative moving forward, although it may have helped us this year.

Regardless of whether we had Wilson this year or not, it wouldn't be helping our defense. That's the most baffling thing of all - we are so bad on Bo's side of the ball. I do not get that.

Shall I bump the threads about the new position coaches as well?

Shall I bump the threads about the new position coaches as well?

To what end? Did you also predict they would be bad, too?

Bottom line is this - you could predict suckage every summer, and unless your team wins the National Championship, you could bump those threads later in the year and say, "I told you so." 119 teams' worth of fans could be doing that every year. It would still be stupid.

Don't be that guy.