Russell Wilson pursued by Nebraska

Is he a runner? I doubt we'll have much use for him if not. Also, maybe he hasen't heard this but Carnes showed in the spring game he's the second coming of Joe Montana. He'll just ride the pine.

He's a dual threat who can actually throw the ball.

Stats

He can run if he has to, he just wasn't called to that much.

Is he a runner? I doubt we'll have much use for him if not. Also, maybe he hasen't heard this but Carnes showed in the spring game he's the second coming of Joe Montana. He'll just ride the pine.

He's a dual threat who can actually throw the ball.

Stats

He can run if he has to, he just wasn't called to that much.

He's a dual sport, dual threat. Drafted in the 4th round last year by the Rockies.

143 carries for 435 yards last year, I'd probably have to hurl if I saw him running the read option. My grandfather, no joke, can run faster than this guy. <_<

I thought we were done with QBs who knew how to throw the ball? ;)

Just kidding here obviously, and I don't know much about him, except he does look to be a very competent passer. I'd go as far as to say he's a pass-first QB with some mobility...sort of similar to the Brion Carnes mold. I can see some Tyrod Taylor (without the physical tools) comparisons here as well. He has obviously done very well as a QB and can bring some serious skills to our offense.

Two things make me doubt this: he might not be electric enough running the ball for Bo, and the fact that he would be a transfer...I mean, he'd have to sit out a year anyways, right? And we should all be antsy after the effects our last QB transfer had on team chemistry, etc.

Yeah, we are plenty loaded at quarterback as it is. Especially if, on the off chance, Starling decides against the mlb.

One thing though. We really aren't, at all.

Is he a runner? I doubt we'll have much use for him if not. Also, maybe he hasen't heard this but compared to Martinez and Green, Carnes showed in the spring game he's the second coming of Joe Montana. He'll just ride the pine.

Fixed that for you.

Forgot to mention, sounds like he was quite wronged in NC State. Three year starter, losing his starting job for playing baseball in the spring. I understand it's tough to be a dual-sport athlete, but c'mon coach. Dude's a senior, he's put up 93 touchdowns for your team in the last three years, you don't just kick him to the curb like that.

accurate throwing kid, tends to loft the ball a lot which can be a good and bad thing. Cody Green speed, not Martinez or Carnes speed. Quick release when passing, doesn't lock onto recievers, pump fakes. All those things are missing from our QB's if you pay attention to how our QB's pass the ball. He would have been a good fit for us, but as it was stated above, one year left, someone who still needs to develop a QB will take him, like Penn State or Wisconsin.