Russell Wilson pursued by Nebraska

He does not have to sit out a year. I hope NU goes after him he's a stud. He's like what we think Carnes could be, but proven. Pelini has gone after transfers before, it wouldn't surprise me if he's going after a proven veteran like Russell Wilson.

See: Sam Keller Experiment.

Totally different. Keller was given the keys to the offense because his daddy and Callafail were pals. Keller was a prima donna head case with a crappy throwing motion and an inability to do much besides check down to Marlon Lucky. An overrated QB with a personality to match.

Now, if Wilson is a true baller that fits the offense (I can't say whether this is true), I see little reason not to bring him in. Keep in mind that Cam Newton was a JUCO transfer who won the Heisman and the MNC in his first year with the team.

If Wilson came here and was a good fit, you'd have him, Carnes, and Martinez on the depth chart in whatever order. Cody Green could officially redshirt and change positions as there would no longer be any use for him at QB.

I wouldn't really blame them.

Me neither. It'll be the Robert Marve deal all over again. Except unlike Robert Marve, Russell Wilson is good.

Well I have confidence in our QB's lots of confidence....well besides Cody Green.

The film looks okay, but I'm not overly impressed by it. He lofts passes and doesn't have the best mechanics (seems to be a trend among quarterbacks here, right now anyways). Given this short highlight reel it seems he likes to break down and run a lot. But, again, that's not really uncommon for a quarterback here to do.

If we get him, cool. If not, I don't think we need him. I seriously doubt he'd come in and compete to the point to take the starting job away from Martinez.

I wouldn't really blame them.

Me neither. It'll be the Robert Marve deal all over again. Except unlike Robert Marve, Russell Wilson is good.

Well I have confidence in our QB's lots of confidence....well besides Cody Green.

I'm sure you're in the majority there. I'm just a firm believer that our offense won't be successful without a QB that can throw the ball adequately - something neither Green or Martinez can do.

Eh I doubt our staff goes after him, but if they do then I'd take him.

If were bringing in a kid for one year though I'd go with the DB from Florida.

That's a COMPLETELY different story. Janoris Jenkins got kicked off UF after his 3rd marijuana arrest. Even if Nebraska accepted him (which we wouldn't) he would have to sit out a year.

Forgot to mention, sounds like he was quite wronged in NC State. Three year starter, losing his starting job for playing baseball in the spring. I understand it's tough to be a dual-sport athlete, but c'mon coach. Dude's a senior, he's put up 93 touchdowns for your team in the last three years, you don't just kick him to the curb like that.

Unless someone beat him out of the job. You don't play your second best guy because he's a senior.

Is he a runner? I doubt we'll have much use for him if not. Also, maybe he hasen't heard this but compared to Martinez and Green, Carnes showed in the spring game he's the second coming of Joe Montana. He'll just ride the pine.

Fixed that for you.

You're going to feel really foolish if he's not even good enough to win the starting spot. Hope you're prepared for the massive amounts of crap I'll give you.