Could you give up TV for a month?

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Halfway to a month. I been sticking with this for a bit over two weeks now. I fell off the wagon a little bit the past couple of days. Watched a couple of hours of Law and Order and late night grazing for about three hours of TV total. But before that I was hanging pretty tough. Probably watched 90 minutes of tube in about a two week period.

I don't know if you have On Demand programming or not, but I've found it's a pretty good way to keep your TV time in check. I really only watch TV over lunch because the few shows that I do watch are On Demand. Other than that, sports and an occasional movie are the only watching I do that's not during my lunch hour.

• 2 weeks later...

The internet pretty much took over my regular tv watching time..although I still have it on for the background noise.

THis guy pounced on me at Best Buy last week trying to get me to switch dish providers..1st question I asked was about what was the lowe$t package that included the Big Ten Network..(Before last year, I would've avoided that channel).

Then I realized..Other than actual Husker Football games..With all the proliferation of "reality" TV and Sitcoms being even unfunnier than they were a decade or two ago...and I've pretty much "listened" to all the movies shown on my free 7-9 Starz channels...I have nothing to watch durring the off season.

Wouldn't be hard for me; might be for the wife.

We spent 5 years in England with little TV contact.

At the house, the 'TV Tax' was about $150 per color TV ( and you had to buy a British TV also ), so we did without most times.

(you can only watch BBC so long...)

Hardest part was no college football.

My sister-in-law taped (VHS) a lot of the Husker games and mailed them to us.

My teenage son took it the hardest. He actual had to talk to us sometimes!

We became closer as a family, so that was the plus side.