Weight: 275

40 time: 4.9

Visit Date: Oct. 8, 2005 (TTech)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Marshall, and California

Favorites: Committed to California

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #19/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: N/R

Assessing the Talent: This is a guy i had listed on Husker Tunnel Walk (for those who were members of that board) a long time ago and did a complete bio on him. I mentioned back then that he was one of the top JUCO's i hoped Nebraska could get to visit. Well Rulon popped up last night in Lincoln Nebraska with other JUCO's visiting this weekend. He is a typical DE with enormous power. He has already took an official visit to Marshall last weekend and will be taking in the sight and sounds of the game this weekend at Nebraska. In addition to his 2 offers, he also is getting interest from several PAC-10 schools such as Oregon, Arizona, USC, Washington St and a few other teams like Utah St and Michigan St. He is from Mt San Antonio College and will be a December graduate with 2 years of eligbility left. Rulon has had one bumpy life. From the trenches of fighting in Iraq, to being hit by a semi truck and spending a couple of weeks in the hospital, this guy has been to hell and back. After graduating high school, he enlisted in the Marines and played 1 year (2003) of football at Mt San Antonio College before heading over to Iraq.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0%

Davis would like to get his commitment out of the way and as soon as possible after his 3 remaining visits, and if he receives no additional offers, Nebraska looks to be in good position to get his verbal. I will get ahold of him sometime shortly after his visit and give a general opinion of how it went

*Rulon Davis won the 2005 student athlete award Link

I will get reactions tommarow afternoon once the recruits are headed home. Sometimes it's hard to catch recruits because everyone wants to get ahold of them and ask them how the visit went and sometimes recruits get tired of repeating the same info over and over again, so they end up not answering thier phones. I will let you know once i find out

He did not commit, but like huskers19941995 said, don't be suprised if he does commit. One thing he told me wanted to do was take a visit to a school from each of the conferences he has been offered and then make his decision. He's visited Marshall from Conference USA, Nebraska from the Big12 and said he's going to give Utah and Michigan visits, and his last team will come from the Pac-10, but he's not sure which team yet.

He pointed out that he had a long talk with coach blake and they seemed to have an understanding about where he is with them and what he can expect from them and vice versa. Last year we dealt with silent commits, and i really hated that because everyone became hostile, so i will say this. I believe in my opinion that Rulon has unofficially given the huskers a soft verbal with no strings attatched untill he takes his other visits and makes a informed decision based on where he feels most comfortable at.

I believe in my opinion that Rulon has unofficially given the huskers a soft verbal with no strings attatched untill he takes his other visits and makes a informed decision based on where he feels most comfortable at.

Like i mentioned a few days, i was told he had given NU a soft verbal ( but wasn't able to confirm such a report) untill he was certain about his verbal to NU, once he visited the other schools. I will be the first to admit that i am a little shocked he decided not to take his other visits. I am not shocked though that he has committed.

On a side note, Andre Jones helped convince him to make the commit. That's all i can say for now, but good to know that Seth Jensen isn't the only recruit recruiting for Nebraska at the moment. Another source confirmed to me that Rulon Davis and Andre Jones are going to try and work Mo Purify (the last JUCO who visited this weekend).