The other side of the conference fence won't be so green for Nebraska????

I think it's funny that the author completely takes the perspective of UT. It's not about you, Texas!! And what about the rest of the conference? And UT fans wonder why people think they're arrogant and egotistical.

Well, Kirk Bohls is a sportswriter for the Austin Statesman. And he's well known for his ignorance and jackassery.

I think it's funny that the author completely takes the perspective of UT. It's not about you, Texas!! And what about the rest of the conference? And UT fans wonder why people think they're arrogant and egotistical.

Well, Kirk Bohls is a sportswriter for the Austin Statesman. And he's well known for his ignorance and jackassery.

Actually, he's not. I usually found Bohls to be a very fair and mostly impartial writer. This column certainly is an exception, but as a general rule Bohls is a very good writer and not just a Longhorn mouthpiece.

As much as I hate to say this: why wouldn't he compare the two? It's a Texas paper and out of all the Texas teams, who was nebraska's rival from there?

He did give Nebraska props in a suttle way saying that Texas really won't have a hard time anymore with the rest of the teams (altough he didn't mention OU).

Actually, he's not. I usually found Bohls to be a very fair and mostly impartial writer. This column certainly is an exception, but as a general rule Bohls is a very good writer and not just a Longhorn mouthpiece.

Yeah, I'm sure this article is the exception. All of his other articles in the Austin Statesman are fair and mostly impartial. You know, since he's not a Longhorn mouthpiece or anything.

He was before all the conference realignment stuff happened. I remember as all of that was going down, all of the Texas writers simultaneously started sliming Nebraska, and they started spreading whatever leak DeLoss Dodds wanted them to spread. I remember the Nebraska writers like Shatel and Sipple actually being taken aback by how ridiculous it was getting. Since then, I've thought of Bohls as nothing but a hack.

Yeah, I'm sure this article is the exception. All of his other articles in the Austin Statesman are fair and mostly impartial. You know, since he's not a Longhorn mouthpiece or anything.

Nice to see you admit being wrong.

What Jab did Bohls take at Nebraska? The article was basically about missing Nebraska. He knows that we were needed. I mean yeah 1-9 and against the whorns is bad,but you have to admit alot of games were classics,that kept us on the edge of our seats only to cry. Not seeing why you are mad about the article.

What Jab did Bohls take at Nebraska? The article was basically about missing Nebraska. He knows that we were needed. I mean yeah 1-9 and against the whorns is bad,but you have to admit alot of games were classics,that kept us on the edge of our seats only to cry. Not seeing why you are mad about the article.

No. The article is about reassuring insecure Texas fans that they're better than Nebraska, and that we're actually worse off without them.

No. The article is about reassuring insecure Texas fans that they're better than Nebraska, and that we're actually worse off without them.

In these paragraphs, where does it say that they are better then us? It looks to me that they are wanting us for the competition.

Only thing they say that they will be better is the money which they would have gotten with or without us in the Big12.

maybe I am just missing what all of you are seeing (except akita).

Otherwise, it's goodbye, Bo Pelini. And that's a crying shame.

College football needs Texas-Nebraska. So does volleyball. And baseball. Basketball, not so much. But the Big 12 needed the Cornhuskers more than vice versa, a big reason they'll join the Big Ten in July.

"We don't have anything going," Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said of any future football meetings. "I'm sure we will do something down the road, but we're pretty well locked up in football."

I thought it was more that we will be in a real conference come July and they won't.

In these paragraphs, where does it say that they are better then us? It looks to me that they are wanting us for the competition.

Only thing they say that they will be better is the money which they would have gotten with or without us in the Big12.

maybe I am just missing what all of you are seeing (except akita).

Otherwise, it's goodbye, Bo Pelini. And that's a crying shame.

College football needs Texas-Nebraska. So does volleyball. And baseball. Basketball, not so much. But the Big 12 needed the Cornhuskers more than vice versa, a big reason they'll join the Big Ten in July.

"We don't have anything going," Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said of any future football meetings. "I'm sure we will do something down the road, but we're pretty well locked up in football."

I agree with you Okaive...I didn't see anything too bad in there. Honestly, some of it was kinda flattering to us. But that is just how I took it I guess.

Do horn fans need to look up the Texas-Nebraska series' results for themselves? No, let's put 'em right out there so everyone this side of the Mason-Dixon knows what's what. Nebraska is gone. We're glad we beat them, and we're going to parade 9-1 around so it's clear how dominant orange was over red, forgetting the fact that the '96, '99, '02, '06, '07, '09, and '10 wins could EASILY have gone the other way. No one needs to know that if we step back and look at the big picture, we've been luckier against the Huskers than almost any team. Ever.

We own the Huskers in baseball, softball (sweep this year is salt in the wound), and basketball. They got us by a lot in volleyball, but who cares?

We'll own the Huskers money-wise, too, with our Longhorn network - everyone oughta know that, as well. And they'll be colder, which matters because everyone hates playing out in the cold, dern it.

We own Nebraska. In every way. They should change the name of their state to Nebexas. Or Texaska. Either one.

[Let's also forget to mention the fact that we're normally one of the 3 or 4 LARGEST colleges in the country while the University of Nebraska in Lincoln has barely a third of our enrollment in the middle of frigid flyover country yet has twice the honor and tradition we have.]

The article says that Nebraska will have less success in the Big 10 than the Big 12 because the level of competition goes up, it claims that Nebraska will actually make less money than it would have in the Big 12, it implies that we won't be able to recruit good football players anymore without being in the same conference as Texas, and it implies that we left the Big 12 because we couldn't beat Texas and because Texas had too much political power within the conference.

The whole article is a veiled way of saying, "Stop worrying about that Nebraska girl that broke up with us last year, we're too good for them anyways."