More Big Ten Scandals from Bo's Alma Mater

DJR,

You are absolutly correct, we and everyone else has something in the closet. I still think he is good man, that did a stupid thing and now the media is looking for any and all to get rid of him. It could happen here just as easily is my guess. We are really no different, just have not won enough to be under the microscope so to speak.

I hope it blows over for Coach Tressel and he survives, but I am beginning to have my doubts. The scent of blood is in the air.

I got no dog in this fight either but OSU is in very, very deep do-do. I honestly don't like to see that as in a few months they're our official conference flagship (until/unless Bo gets an offense here) & brother.

I wish it was Texas or a SEC program that was under fire.

Kind of amazing in how they protected Carrol, before, during and after the investigation. Still never a word about how he was root of all evil, as they seem to be doing with Coach Tressel.

This is a witch hunt! Mistake, wrong doing, but over the top to me.

For those not in the know, this is all just eSpin working their magic. There is absolutely nothing new that has come out that the NCAA didn't already know 4-5 months ago.

Does that change the fact that OSU has been caught cheating on multiple occasions? No. So exactly when the violations occurred or how long the NCAA has known about them doesn't really matter much does it? Fan or not, I think your kidding yourself if you think OSU hasn't been kicking their dirt under a rug for a number of years now.* Seems to me it's past time the NCAA stepped up and played the role of maid if that's what it takes to insure the Bucks finally clean house.

* Here's a link to an ESPN article written over six years ago if you need a little reminder.

Edit: Man, some of those old accusations seem eerily familiar don't they?

I dont care either way, but I think he is done. The "used car" scandel is pretty much the nail in the coffin,IMO.

The smart thing is for Ohio Light to get rid of Tressel, but I think there are past getting rid of him and gonna hold out for the NCAA hearing. Which will be a really sad day for Buckeye fans, especially if the Dispatch keeps finding dirt.

For those not in the know, this is all just eSpin working their magic. There is absolutely nothing new that has come out that the NCAA didn't already know 4-5 months ago.

Does that change the fact that OSU has been caught cheating on multiple occasions? No. So exactly when the violations occurred or how long the NCAA has known about them doesn't really matter much does it? Fan or not, I think your kidding yourself if you think OSU hasn't been kicking their dirt under a rug for a number of years now.* Seems to me it's past time the NCAA stepped up and played the role of maid if that's what it takes to insure the Bucks finally clean house.

* Here's a link to an ESPN article written over six years ago if you need a little reminder.

Edit: Man, some of those old accusations seem eerily familiar don't they?

It's more the fact that the news organizations are releasing this, are trying to make it sound like this is additional stuff. The NCAA already knows about all this and nothing further to damage the university in the eyes of the NCAA has come out. So we're not in deeper sh#t, we're in the same sh#t we were in back in February.

Then why, exactly, is the OSU compliance department opening a new investigation?

I think you might be a little too close to the trees.

Carlfense,

I think I read that the Ohio State compliance office opens more investigations, reports more violations than any other program in the NCAA. Things that others would never report. Very aggressive and protective.

Maybe too good at their jobs, which draws more attention to the program. Supposedly not a day goes by with out some type of violation at major programs, but the level of offense is not considered worthy of reporting.

Who knows, but I think we will see what happens in July. Too many on the bus wanting him gone. Sad day for Ohio State. I am sure he is loved there alot like Coach Osborne is here.

Then why, exactly, is the OSU compliance department opening a new investigation?

I think you might be a little too close to the trees.

That is with regards to the relatives of players, not the athletes themselves.