The Future of Husker Football

If you hadn't fired Solich, you would have won today and last year.

You wouldn't be "rebuilding." Anybody knows that. Texas Tech beating

Nebraska? No way. But "change" is good! Good for the other teams!

And Neb worried about Baylor! Ha Ha He He. "Change" is good!

Wait til next year.

Did you not get your animal cracker box? Someone please give him his naptime snack

I agree with most of the posts up there that NE did a great job and DID show some major heart out there! They really fought back and proved alot this game!

It was a heartbreaker yes!

BTW..... I think I am Jinxed! The huskers were done 21-0 during the first qt so I decided I should take a shower and just get ready to go out.. took off my Jersey and THEY CAME BACK!!!! ANYONE want a HUSKER JERSEY????? HAHHA

I disagree that these coaches are gonna make this program great. The O worked well at times, and the Dline put pressure on the QB, other than that, this was a very average game from a coaching standpo
:dis I don't understand you formerfan, I thought this team played hard and I am dam proud of this football team, to go and say that these coaches are not gonna make this program great is just assinine. They have already made this program great in my mind. What a difference a year makes. :thumbs

Wait til next year.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

You cant be serious...

Like many others I had the most unusual reaction after the TT loss. Instead of feeling depressed, I felt PRIDE for the team. In fact I felt BETTER about the team than after any of the first 3 games which we won. Why?

Because we didn't look good in those "victories".

Because I couldn't see any significant improvement in the offense.

Because the defense alone can't win every game.

Because I had more and more doubts about Callahan & staff's ability to put together a coherent offensive strategy.

ISU showed me that Callahan was capable of coaching an offense that can win. But was it just a fluke? A one game wonder?

The TT game proved that the O is for real. And it proved something else. The coaching staff and team has the ability to overcome adversity and NEVER GIVE UP. Every Big Red fan has got to be proud of that. I'm now a believer that Callahan and staff WILL lead NU back to championship status. Its just a matter of time!

GBR.

Wait til next year.

Lame.

Thanks for the contribution though. Let's us know how the outside thinks. Clueless as ever. :thumbs This isn't your dad's Big 12 North. But, hey, how could we expect an outsider to know that?

This guy is probably one of the two guys that sat behind me at the Tech game. Either the guy with the uber lame straw hat or the ZZ Top beard going on. Proud I tell ya, proud.

I'm enjoying some great posts here! Good job! I share with your positive feelings about the coaches. We still got a ways to go, but this is the first game where I left with the feeling that maybe this staff can coach. I see a lot of improvement on offense and defense. Perhaps we do have a bright future with Callahan and company.

Besides the penalties and turnovers, the two other things I see missing on offense are the deep ball and the wide receivers not getting extra yardage after contact.

Perhaps Taylor is not yet comfortable throwing deep? I got the impression from the coaches during spring and fall practices that he was a very good long-ball thrower. Could it be the receivers?

As for the receivers, only Ross seems to get extra yards after contact. Hardy has shown the best potential as a runner among the WRs, but I think he is too worried about not dropping the ball. This has kept him so far from being a playmaker (hopefully his injury isn't too serious). Haven't seen Brooks yet, but the other receivers seem to go down after making a the catch. Hopefully Brooks will be ready soon, and we can get a good look at him. We will see how good Spain is next year. Hopefully we will recruit some more big time WRs in this class.

Swift and Mulkey might have been here for 1 year, but how many catches did they have combined last year? ?

Actually Swift and Mulkey combined for 19 receptions last year. All of them made by mulkey. He was 4th on the team in receptions and would be considered the 2nd on the team in returning receivers since Pilk is gone and Herian has yet to play a game. Mulkey played in all 11 games last year and a few games as a rFR. You cannot consider him as inexperienced.

What you guys don't understand is that Former Fan is just messing with you! He is just pulling your leg to get a reaction.. and it's working. Joe Williams on a Denver sports station does the same thing and the people go nuts. He has always condemned ND, NU and Elway. That really gets to a large part of the population, here.

The bad thing for FF is that if NU has too much success he's going to be without his anti-Husker diatribe that gets to almost all of you. He's probably either related to or married someone who's related to a member of this coaching staff. We can't find out that or it would erode the game. Look for that denial.

But, I suspect, that most of you will not be able to control yourselves by discussing stats and other MEANINGFUL topics.