Pick One Current NFL Husker

Thought of something for a little change of pace to pass the time and make things a little light-hearted.

Pick one current Husker in the NFL who you would have come back to Nebraska next year to play college ball again. Only one rule: You cannot pick Suh, Amukamara, Henery, or Helu. Who do you pick and why?

I am leaning towards Brandon Jackson. We could use the help in the backfield and I think him and Rex would make a good tandem.

Thought of something for a little change of pace to pass the time and make things a little light-hearted.

Pick one current Husker in the NFL who you would have come back to Nebraska next year to play college ball again. Only one rule: You cannot pick Suh, Amukamara, Henery, or Helu. Who do you pick and why?

I am leaning towards Brandon Jackson. We could use the help in the backfield and I think him and Rex would make a good tandem.

Wonder Monds. Need the fro.

Lol. You missed the "current" part. Otherwise, we'd get a hundred "Ahman Green" answers.

Lol. You missed the "current" part. Otherwise, we'd get a hundred "Ahman Green" answers.

Damn, got me....umm.....Eric Haag then, he made Wonder proud with his fro.

But in all seriousness, give me Kyle Vanden Bosch. The athletic freaks that used to dominate the end of the DLine don't wreak as much havoc in very recent years. Plus his motor is one of the best in the League. So Kyle, slight edge over Carricker

Richie Incognito...He is a better Ricky Henry and has that mean streak..I think I might be the only one who thought it was ballsy and gutsy also kinda stupid when he spit in those 2 penn st players faces and basically said being it...Im not saying we need someone who spits but someone who doesnt take sh#t from nobody

I think we should exclude all the guys who just graduated as well.

KVB is an intriguing choice. High-motor guy and a presence at DE that would help us a great deal. I think that would be my choice.

Other guys I am not sure would fit into the system we have now. A back like BJax flourished as a pass-catching back in a zone blocking scheme, which I *think* we scrapped when Bo came in. Bowman is a great corner, so maybe he'd also be up for consideration. The LBs (Ruud, Bradley) are good names as well, though we do have David.

If not KVB, I would look towards the OL but I'm not sure one guy can really do the trick. Carl Nicks could rejuvenate that OL though, in a big way.

If not either of those two options, how about a kicker? How good would it be to have a dedicated punter again, especially one as beast as Sam Koch? And to replace Henery, how about Josh Brown?

Are we taking them now in their current state and age or are we able to take them as they were when they played at NU? :dunno

If it is now then I say Carl Nicks.

If it is how they played at NU I say Demorrio Williams or Dominic Raiola.

Good question. The spirit of the game was more "how they were then," I think, but people can provide multiple answers if it changes things for them. And this cuts both ways. Like, even if Amukamara turned out to be a total bust in the NFL (and was eligible for this game), I strongly suspect he'd still be a top choice based on what he did while he was here.