Rapture prophecy tests families

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/us/20rapture.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

“My mom has told me directly that I’m not going to get into heaven,” Grace Haddad, 16, said. “At first it was really upsetting, but it’s what she honestly believes.”

I hope Sunday (and the many days after), these parents realize the effect their religious teachings have had on those who love them.

And if the rapture is starting tomorrow, maybe god can hold off until after my wedding/honeymoon. I've got some more immoral acts I wanted to work on ;)

It's always a really difficult balance for a parent, friend or family member who believes their faith is true and wants what's best for the people they care about. They mean well, but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The rapture is not happening tomorrow, don't worry Benny, you will have your wedding. It clearly says in the Bible, no man will know the time or hour, not even Jesus or the angels. Harold Camping just put together random numbers and a random equation to come up with this date. I just hope he doesn't ruin to many lives with his false prophecy. His followers are quitting their jobs and selling their possessions.