LB Otha Peters * [Tennessee Commit]

States he is committed to Tenn but "Peters said Nebraska also continues to recruit him and remains somewhat in the picture."

Then why/how is he committed to Tennessee? I hate it

when kids do this...

Yeah me too. What he is doing is saying... I need to go ahead and secure a spot somewhere in case everything fills up. I like Tennessee and would be okay playing there so I'll reserve my spot there and then I am safe to look around to see if there's anything I like better.... It's the same method girls use to shop. We go to a store, find a shirt we like and put it on hold, we continue to shop and if we don't find anything better we go back and get that shirt on hold.

The kid really likes Tennessee, but is cautious of what the NCAA will slap them with. I would be leary to put my future in stone when it comes to going to school in Knoxville, Columbus or even potentially Auburn. Can't fault the kid one bit. This is more the case than "reserving a spot"

Probably a combination of both. I really do not blame a kid for "reserving a spot", but keeping options open in case of NCAA problems. No "commit" is truly a "commit" until they sign in February. Ultimately kids need to do what they think is best for their future, both academically and for football reasons. Whether they decide the summer before their senior year, or February 1, they gotta do what they gotta do. I just appreciate kids being honest with all schools and letting them know they are still lookin a bit. Nothing wrong with that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...