LB Otha Peters * [Tennessee Commit]

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Busy day for Tennessee...

Picked up two commits that were looking at NU.

Ortha Peters committed and also Greg McMullen's teamate, LaTroy Lewis.

Thats a shame...I think he is gonna be a really good player. This just puts the focus on Joe Robinson now I guess.

Busy day for Tennessee...

Picked up two commits that were looking at NU.

Ortha Peters committed and also Greg McMullen's teamate, LaTroy Lewis.

Thats a shame...I think he is gonna be a really good player. This just puts the focus on Joe Robinson now I guess.

Or Quanzell Lambert, don't think we have much of a shot but you never know. :dunno

Papuchis and Beck both said NU's recruiting works like this... they offer a certain number of guys based on how many spots they need to fill. If one of their big targets commits elsewhere, then they look at whether they need to offer the next guy on their list or not. Since Otha committed elsewhere, it will be interesting to see whether this staff offers someone else... to me this will tell us how close they are to getting Robinson, Lambert, Nance, etc. To me if they don't offer a new guy, then they feel pretty confident about some of the others on their board... i.e. the guys I just named.

Robinson said 4-5 months ago that he wanted Nebraska. He still has us high on his board. His dad has been in his face about not committing yet so he has some influence pulling him there. In the end I still think he is "N" if we want him. Although, I do see him similar to Eric Martin in weight problems... the kid has ballooned in the past year.

Lambert is higher on Nebraska than a lot of people think, but he is early in his process of narrowing things down and visiting schools. Ultimately, I think he goes SEC/ACC and stays east coast, but I do think we have a good shot with him.

Question is though, Are we going to take 2 LB or 3? I have heard both from coaches/recruiting sites. Do we add one more guy to join Rose or 2?

Robinson said 4-5 months ago that he wanted Nebraska. He still has us high on his board. His dad has been in his face about not committing yet so he has some influence pulling him there. In the end I still think he is "N" if we want him. Although, I do see him similar to Eric Martin in weight problems... the kid has ballooned in the past year.

You have this backwards. Robinson's father wants him to commit soon, and he wants to wait.

Papuchis and Beck both said NU's recruiting works like this... they offer a certain number of guys based on how many spots they need to fill. If one of their big targets commits elsewhere, then they look at whether they need to offer the next guy on their list or not. Since Otha committed elsewhere, it will be interesting to see whether this staff offers someone else... to me this will tell us how close they are to getting Robinson, Lambert, Nance, etc. To me if they don't offer a new guy, then they feel pretty confident about some of the others on their board... i.e. the guys I just named.

Lambert is higher on Nebraska than a lot of people think, but he is early in his process of narrowing things down and visiting schools. Ultimately, I think he goes SEC/ACC and stays east coast, but I do think we have a good shot with him.

Question is though, Are we going to take 2 LB or 3? I have heard both from coaches/recruiting sites. Do we add one more guy to join Rose or 2?

I think another offer goes out. We really need to take 3 LBs in this class, and the odds of landing both Lambert and Robinson aren't too high.

I think at this time we only take one more LB, and the odds of that being Robinson/Lambert/Nance are not too high. Lambert is actually leaning towards Northwestern/Rutgers while Nance will most likely end up at OU. Robinson is a tougher one to call, as his Dad wants him to end his process early. All the while Joe wants to wait until NSD to make a final decision, in the end I don't see us taking Robinson.

I think at this time we only take one more LB, and the odds of that being Robinson/Lambert/Nance are not too high. Lambert is actually leaning towards Northwestern/Rutgers while Nance will most likely end up at OU. Robinson is a tougher one to call, as his Dad wants him to end his process early. All the while Joe wants to wait until NSD to make a final decision, in the end I don't see us taking Robinson.

Why do you think only 2 LBs? We are very thin at the LB position.

Why do you think only 2 LBs? We are very thin at the LB position.

Could take one more, but with such a small class and other positions just as thin there might not be room, it all depends on who wants N.