SOOO...Which is BETTER?!?!

Foppa

While watching the game, me and my buds were prepared to watch us get ripped to shreds after the 21-0...then the comeback, then the heartache. So I ask, what is better?

1) NU looking crappy every week, but managing a 8-4 or 9-3 record.

2) or NU fighting their butts off, looking sweet, keeping us in every game, and going 7-5. I realize it probably does depend on where we're at, but damn.

I REALLY hated being a husker fan today. I say that because this was a HELL of a game to watch. It was FUN! Yes, screaming, kicking, rolling on the floor, acting like idiots, my buds and I were into it bigtime. NU had NO business being in this game. The meltdowns in the 2nd half were sad, only to watch the 'shirts' force them into the FG. Losing 56-0 would have been the easy way out...what these guys did was heroic. NO WAY would the team from last year give a sh*t about trying to make this kind of effort. My heart was in 9,000 pieces after this one, and I hope no sharp objects were around our INT man who wanted a bit too much. But before he's chastised, how many of y'all would've done the 'right thing'?

I F*CKING hate this loss...

But I feel ALOT better about what we can do with the rest of the season! :clap:thumbs

While watching the game, me and my buds were prepared to watch us get ripped to shreds after the 21-0...then the comeback, then the heartache. So I ask, what is better?

2) or NU fighting their butts off, looking sweet, keeping us in every game, and going 7-5. I realize it probably does depend on where we're at, but damn.

I REALLY hated being a husker fan today. I say that because this was a HELL of a game to watch. It was FUN! Yes, screaming, kicking, rolling on the floor, acting like idiots, my buds and I were into it bigtime. NU had NO business being in this game. The meltdowns in the 2nd half were sad, only to watch the 'shirts' force them into the FG. Losing 56-0 would have been the easy way out...what these guys did was heroic. NO WAY would the team from last year give a sh*t about trying to make this kind of effort. My heart was in 9,000 pieces after this one, and I hope no sharp objects were around our INT man who wanted a bit too much. But before he's chastised, how many of y'all would've done the 'right thing'?

But I feel ALOT better about what we can do with the rest of the season! :clap:thumbs

YOU HATE BEING HUSKER FAN?????????????????????? :wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf

It is so hard to keep myself still from playing the "what if" game. I think any win is better than a loss, but it really is great to see that we can compete with one of the better teams in the Big 12. This was not the case in our 10-3 season. It's also nice to have a team that runs an offense that can actually come back from a decent deficit. Not as nice as having a team that never gets into a decent deficit, but it's nice nonetheless.

Not as nice as having a team that never gets into a decent deficit, but it's nice nonetheless.

Good analysis. Now think about this. The team is still learning, still young, still gelin' (not quite like Magellan). But at any rate, think how lethal this team will be as each week passes and we continue to bring in 3-5 star recruits each year?

Considering what they did down 21, it's awfully scary to think what they'll be doing as their confidence continues to build.

Deficit may not be in our vocabulary for too much longer. ;)

It is so hard to keep myself still from playing the "what if" game. I think any win is better than a loss, but it really is great to see that we can compete with one of the better teams in the Big 12. This was not the case in our 10-3 season. It's also nice to have a team that runs an offense that can actually come back from a decent deficit. Not as nice as having a team that never gets into a decent deficit, but it's nice nonetheless.

You made my post so much better with your additions. I agree wholeheartedly. If we continue to make strides this year, everyone on our schedule better be scared. And next year - watch out.

This is Nebraska. Since when did we learn to accept a loss and feel good. Is this what Steve Pederson had in mind when he said we will not accept mediocrity that he said would never happen under his watch? Had we scored a touchdown with 5 minutes to go in the game rather than settling for 3 points we would have won, so I'm mad about that. I'm also crabby about the gameplan our lauded defensive coordinator had for the game. The sit back and watch defense put us behind by 3 TD's before he decided it wasn't working. Fans, we have basically tied Iowa St. and lost to Texas Tech who is hardly a national power from the south. Am I supposed to feel good about that? Sure the team played hard, I can't fault their resolve, but......As we heard a few weeks ago a win is a win and hell a loss is still a loss and they suck.

This is Nebraska. Since when did we learn to accept a loss and feel good. Is this what Steve Pederson had in mind when he said we will not accept mediocrity that he said would never happen under his watch? Had we scored a touchdown with 5 minutes to go in the game rather than settling for 3 points we would have won, so I'm mad about that. I'm also crabby about the gameplan our lauded defensive coordinator had for the game. The sit back and watch defense put us behind by 3 TD's before he decided it wasn't working. Fans, we have basically tied Iowa St. and lost to Texas Tech who is hardly a national power from the south. Am I supposed to feel good about that? Sure the team played hard, I can't fault their resolve, but......As we heard a few weeks ago a win is a win and hell a loss is still a loss and they suck.

Since we got creamed by Colorado and Miami in 2001, then followed that up with a 7-7 season, then won 10 games the next year but got blown out when we played 3 of the better teams in the Big XII, and followed that up with a 5-6 season. Quit living in the distant past and realize that we need to improve to compete with the big boys. Nebraska is showing that we are making those strides, and that excites a lot of us who long for Nebraska to start a new run of "glory days".

if you didn't see the progress made on both sides of the ball in this game, you weren't watching.....although they lost in the last 12 seconds, this team showed they are getting better and they WILL NOT QUIT! .......we did not witness that last year.........understand that with new players and a new system it takes time.....no one expects you to be satisfied with a loss, but we are seeing vast improvement.

if you want instant gratification get a USC banner......

hunter

This is Nebraska. Since when did we learn to accept a loss and feel good. Is this what Steve Pederson had in mind when he said we will not accept mediocrity that he said would never happen under his watch?  Had we scored a touchdown with 5 minutes to go in the game rather than settling for 3 points we would have won, so I'm mad about that.  I'm also crabby about the gameplan our lauded defensive coordinator had for the game. The sit back and watch defense put us behind by 3 TD's before he decided it wasn't working. Fans, we have basically tied Iowa St.  and lost to Texas Tech who is hardly a national power from the south.  Am I supposed to feel good about that?  Sure the team played hard, I can't fault their resolve, but......As we heard a few weeks ago a win is a win and hell a loss is still a loss and they suck.

When you turn into a grown up you will understand! If you are a grown up then I feel for ya! What gets me is a few of you see these other schools like USC, UT, The Hokies winning but you don't stop to think HOW they got to where they are! Do you think they were always like this?? It's called REBUILDING and RELOADING and REACTING to the times of college football!

I'm with ya, F...

I hate losing...hate it with a passion.

But there were some positives.

NU had better look out...Baylor is solid, as is Mizzou. NU should beat both, but 4-0 could quickly turn into 4-3!

I hate losing...I'm a very poor sport. No moral victories.