Official NBA Finals Thread

And the Heat is on! There isn't gonna be any late game let downs by the Heat. This isn't the Trailblazers, Lakers, or Thunder. The Heat just too much for the Mavs to handle.

Dude, its ONE game. I guess you forgot the Bulls killed the Heat in game 1 and then didn't win another game. And the Mavs are not the Sixers, Celtics or Bulls. You can play it both ways bud.

The Heat didn't let down when they went up by 5 late in the 4th which then the Heat had total control and the game was over.

Ya it helps when Jason Terry jacks up a three with 18 sec. left in the shot clock with 1:44 left in the game and down by 6. And then on the very next Heat possession fouls Mario Chalmers away from the ball and Chalmers goes to the line to make it a 8 point lead. You can't honestly tell me after watching this game that Miami is head and shoulders above Dallas. A few things go Dallas way and they can win this game just as easily as Miami did. And that percentage would be fine and dandy except for the fact in 2006 these same two teams met and Dallas was up 2-0 only to lose the next 4. Don't think Dirk won't have that in his head even if Miami goes up 2-0 against them. Just like Corncraze said after game one of the Bulls-Heat series after all the Bulls fans, including me said the exact same thing as you, Dallas won't go down without a fight. Kidd and Nowitzki won't let them.

The Heat are playing better defense. It doesn't help Dallas that it was Miami that they lost too the first time. No the game was over Miami shut down Dallas. Both had horrible shooting percentages and Dallas got to the line more. Miami kept the game close and closed it down at the end. They've played that way all during the playoffs. Miami didn't even play that well like you claim Dallas didn't so it's even.

Exactly, this series is more even than you make it out to be. A break here or there for either team can determine the winner of the game. A few breaks Dallas way and they could be leading the series 1-0.

Except when Dallas has a bad night shooting they lose. Miami has a bad night shooting and win. that's the difference.

Hmmm I wonder why...?

both teams shot under 40%. Dallas needs it shooting to win games, Miami doesn't as proven in game 1. that is why the Mavs will lose.

No, it is bc Miami has better individual players than Dallas. Dallas has 1 all star and Miami has 3. Dallas needs the team to win. Miami just needs 2 out of the 3 players to have okay games. This is why I will never watch the NBA again if Miami wins. NBA is turning into a "who can get the most all stars to win a championship" instead of who has the best team. Watch Miami offense, its mostly James or Wade taking their man one on one. That is not fun to watch. It is just a matter of time before a team gets an all-star player in every starting position. Then you will have 4-5 really good teams and the 25 others will suck ass.

I really.......really CAN'T stand LeBron James but I admire his athletic ability. I'm not gonna lie but is fade away 3 pointer at the end of the 3 quarter was amazing to watch but at the same time I hated to see that happen because I'm rooting for Dallas.

The reason I can't stand LeBron is the way he dealt with the whole leaving Cleveland and joining Miami and how the whole NBA is dangling from his nut sack and how everytime he gets fouled or how the head coach "bumps" into LeBron and everybody (media, ESPN, YouTube) makes a big deal about something that shouldn't be made into a huge ordeal.

The way LeBron had this HUGE segment on which team he'll be taking his "talent" and then celebrating it with an awkward introduction of the "Big 3" in Miami and announcing that they'll win 8 or 9 championships without winning a Chamionship. Jordan, Magic, and Bird never went to another team to form a small All-Star team to win a championship.

LeBron is a hell of an athlete but the way he has done things makes me hate the guy and the way the media, ESPN, YouTube have made other athletes and coaches look like dirty players or bumping into LeBron in a manor to make it look like they meant to harm LeBron which in reallity its the opposite makes me upset and disgusted. Seriously if anybody fouls LeBron or bumps into them they are considered a dirty player and the media will be talking about it for weeks.

And the Heat is on! There isn't gonna be any late game let downs by the Heat. This isn't the Trailblazers, Lakers, or Thunder. The Heat just too much for the Mavs to handle.

Dude, its ONE game. I guess you forgot the Bulls killed the Heat in game 1 and then didn't win another game. And the Mavs are not the Sixers, Celtics or Bulls. You can play it both ways bud.

The Heat didn't let down when they went up by 5 late in the 4th which then the Heat had total control and the game was over.

Ya it helps when Jason Terry jacks up a three with 18 sec. left in the shot clock with 1:44 left in the game and down by 6. And then on the very next Heat possession fouls Mario Chalmers away from the ball and Chalmers goes to the line to make it a 8 point lead. You can't honestly tell me after watching this game that Miami is head and shoulders above Dallas. A few things go Dallas way and they can win this game just as easily as Miami did. And that percentage would be fine and dandy except for the fact in 2006 these same two teams met and Dallas was up 2-0 only to lose the next 4. Don't think Dirk won't have that in his head even if Miami goes up 2-0 against them. Just like Corncraze said after game one of the Bulls-Heat series after all the Bulls fans, including me said the exact same thing as you, Dallas won't go down without a fight. Kidd and Nowitzki won't let them.

The Heat are playing better defense. It doesn't help Dallas that it was Miami that they lost too the first time. No the game was over Miami shut down Dallas. Both had horrible shooting percentages and Dallas got to the line more. Miami kept the game close and closed it down at the end. They've played that way all during the playoffs. Miami didn't even play that well like you claim Dallas didn't so it's even.

Exactly, this series is more even than you make it out to be. A break here or there for either team can determine the winner of the game. A few breaks Dallas way and they could be leading the series 1-0.

Except when Dallas has a bad night shooting they lose. Miami has a bad night shooting and win. that's the difference.

Hmmm I wonder why...?

both teams shot under 40%. Dallas needs it shooting to win games, Miami doesn't as proven in game 1. that is why the Mavs will lose.

No, it is bc Miami has better individual players than Dallas. Dallas has 1 all star and Miami has 3. Dallas needs the team to win. Miami just needs 2 out of the 3 players to have okay games. This is why I will never watch the NBA again if Miami wins. NBA is turning into a "who can get the most all stars to win a championship" instead of who has the best team. Watch Miami offense, its mostly James or Wade taking their man one on one. That is not fun to watch. It is just a matter of time before a team gets an all-star player in every starting position. Then you will have 4-5 really good teams and the 25 others will suck ass.

Funny how this logic of who can get the most all stars on a team is never applied to the 90s Jordan era bulls but instead called a great team and how good Jordan was. The starting 5 for that team consisted of nothing but future all stars if not great players. Hell even the bench warmers for that team would be starting for any other team. Miami passes the ball a lot that is what i saw. Sure James and Wade went one on one but not every single time they had the ball. They pass a lot more than you give them credit for. How else do you think Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers were hitting 3's?

Funny how this logic of who can get the most all stars on a team is never applied to the 90s Jordan era bulls but instead called a great team and how good Jordan was. The starting 5 for that team consisted of nothing but future all stars if not great players. Hell even the bench warmers for that team would be starting for any other team. Miami passes the ball a lot that is what i saw. Sure James and Wade went one on one but not every single time they had the ball. They pass a lot more than you give them credit for. How else do you think Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers were hitting 3's?

You just said it, future all-stars, which means they were on the team before they became all-stars. They didn't decide during free agency to get together and form a mini all-star team like the Celtics and Heat did. I absolutely hate the Spurs, but their Big 3 was not a Big 3 when they first got together. Duncan was their team and Ginobili and Parker became all-stars while on the team. That is way different than what the Celtics and Heat did, getting proven all-stars to form a mini all-star team. And you know I'm right about its only a matter of time before there is a super NBA team or a Big 5.

You just said it, future all-stars, which means they were on the team before they became all-stars. They didn't decide during free agency to get together and form a mini all-star team like the Celtics and Heat did. I absolutely hate the Spurs, but their Big 3 was not a Big 3 when they first got together. Duncan was their team and Ginobili and Parker became all-stars while on the team. That is way different than what the Celtics and Heat did, getting proven all-stars to form a mini all-star team. And you know I'm right about its only a matter of time before there is a super NBA team or a Big 5.

What i was trying to say was that Jordan's teammates were already pretty damn good. he didn't carry that team in anyway. Players now are just doing what they did back then when teams had 3-4 all stars on a team. so what about the Lakers when they had Magic, Kareem, Worthy or the Pistons who had Bill Lambeer, Dennis Rodman, Isiah Thomas, and Joe Dumars? I guess you would have hated basketball back then too huh? the team put those players together. Now teams are being cheap so now the players are getting together to win rings because it doesn't seem that many other teams are trying to win. aka the Clippers. No one wants to play an entire career and go without atleast one championship. that's all they are trying to do.

• Fire 1

What i was trying to say was that Jordan's teammates were already pretty damn good. he didn't carry that team in anyway. Players now are just doing what they did back then when teams had 3-4 all stars on a team. so what about the Lakers when they had Magic, Kareem, Worthy or the Pistons who had Bill Lambeer, Dennis Rodman, Isiah Thomas, and Joe Dumars? I guess you would have hated basketball back then too huh? the team put those players together. Now teams are being cheap so now the players are getting together to win rings because it doesn't seem that many other teams are trying to win. aka the Clippers. No one wants to play an entire career and go without atleast one championship. that's all they are trying to do.

• Fire 1

Since Im a Mavs fan, Im gonna do a positive/negative after every game for them.

Positives: good comeback. good half-court defense. good rebounding.

Negatives: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Third quarter. Half of fourth quarter. Jason Terry until 4:00 left in fourth. Way too many missed open shots. Missed layups. Did I mention turnovers...? Did I mention the third quarter...? This game shouldn't have been that close. Limit turnovers and Dallas can win the series. Heat are struggling in the half-court.

Dirk was strong down the stretch. This might have the look of a series with some legs.

Nah. Miami got too cute again. It was a false hope win. Now instead of Miami taking their foot off the pedal expect it now to never let up.

I hope you're wrong, but I can't argue with that. They had a huge lead in the 4th...they should have been able to take a 2-0 lead. False hope for a game seven maybe? ;)

So ESPN is saying that the Heat got too relaxed and celebrated to early and that's why they lost last night.....I'm not buying it. So disregard the 22-5 run the Mavs had in the last 6 minutes. I guess thats not enough to show anybody that they're a great team willing to fight back to win a game. If the tables were reversed ESPN would be all over the Heat about how great of a comeback that was and how elite the Heat are.

Hard to see anybody relaxing in a Finals game seriously. Goes to show you who ESPN is rooting for.

So ESPN is saying that the Heat got too relaxed and celebrated to early and that's why they lost last night.....I'm not buying it. So disregard the 22-5 run the Mavs had in the last 6 minutes. I guess thats not enough to show anybody that they're a great team willing to fight back to win a game. If the tables were reversed ESPN would be all over the Heat about how great of a comeback that was and how elite the Heat are.

Hard to see anybody relaxing in a Finals game seriously. Goes to show you who ESPN is rooting for.

Remember Bill Callahan? He constantly blew leads in games because he felt that we didn't need to score again. If you watched the game you know that the Mavs didn't win it as much as take advantage of the Heat's willingness to screw around for the last 6 minutes. Basically they quit running their offense for whatever reason.

• Fire 1

Dirk was strong down the stretch. This might have the look of a series with some legs.

Nah. Miami got too cute again. It was a false hope win. Now instead of Miami taking their foot off the pedal expect it now to never let up.

Did you even watch the game? The only reason Miami was even close in this game was because of turnovers in the third quarter. They couldn't do anything in their half-court offense. And now we are going to Dallas for three games. Dallas will win 2/3 there.

With the Bulls Jordan was selected to 12 All Star games. Scottie Pippen 7, Dennis Rodman 2 (none with the Bulls), Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, Bill Cartwright, and Charles Oakley were selected to 1 a piece. FWIW: Grant/Armstrong were in 1994 when Jordan was retired as was Oakley (for the Knicks) and Cartwright was in 1980 way before he teamed up with MJ.

Steve Kerr

Bill Winnington

Judd Buechler

Craig Hodges

Cliff Livingston

Stacey King

John Paxson

Ron Harper

Toni Kukoc

Will Perdue

Scott Williams

Randy Brown

Dickey Simpkins

Jason Caffey

Luc Longley

John Salley

That hardly seems like a list of All Stars or guys that would start for most teams.

FWIW: The current Heat roster has been selected to 24 (Wade/James (7 ea) Bosh(6))

The current Mavs roster has been selected to 29 (Dirk/Kidd (10 ea)