Official NBA Finals Thread

After watching both conference finals i have to say the Heat are better prepared and playing championship level defense. In a way the Mavericks got jipped by not playing a battle tested playoff team in the conference Finals. I do think that will ultimately hurt them. The Heat on the other hand have been tested by Boston and Chicago. I've seen Lebron shut down Rose in the final minutes of the game when it was on the line. I don't think that the Mavericks have anyone to stop Lebron when it's crunch time. I do think Lebron will shut down Dirk at the end of the game when's it time just like he shut down Rose. If the Mavericks want to have a shot at winning they will have to win game 1 to have any chance. But even if they do the Heat adjusted and shut down Boston and Chicago after that.

Prediction: Heat in 5 or 6 games.

I'm hoping that Dallas wins it because:

A. Dallas has never won a NBA title

B. I can not stand LeBron James

This. And it would piss off Jerry Jones to no end that the other local teams (Baseball, Basketball) have experienced more success recently than what the Cowboys have experienced.

What makes you think Lebron can shut down Dirk? Just because he shut down Rose, who is a PG and Lebron has a size advantage against him which is why Rose struggled to get a good look at the hoop. Dirk has the size advantage now. Ron Artest, one of the best defenders in the league couldn't even stop him. Dirk will post up and do one of those silly one-legged fade away jump shots that nobody can guard.

And you can argue the Thunder are just as battle tested as the Bulls. They are both young, talented teams. I'd even say Thunder are more talented after watching the Bulls miss open shot after open shot. Only scoring threat on the Bulls is Rose. Why do you think it was so easy to shut Rose down? They knew who would have the ball in crunch time. Yes, Dirk will touch the ball in crunch time, but if Heat double team the Mavs have shooting threats all over the court. I hope they double team Dirk bc I have a feeling Peja and Terry will have a huge series. The Mavs are not the Bulls, they can actually hit open shots. Bulls have MVP (who I mind you, did not look like an MVP in the Heat series. Way too many turnovers and stupid fouls with the game on the line. Kidd will not make those same silly turnovers and fouls, too much experience), Thunder have leading scorer in league and most likely a future MVP. Thunder have Russell Westbrook, lightning quick and second team all NBA. Thunder have James Harden, who will probably be an all-star next year and if not next year, soon. The Celtics are old and their run is done and Rondo was injured. Lakers are better than the Celtics. Portland would annihilate the Sixers.

I dont hate Lebron or Wade but i hate how he is so desperate for a ring that they had to combine 3 superstars in one team. Ruins some of the fun out of the game and makes the nba one sided

Mavs vs Heat in 2006 was just unfair considering how the Heat got all of the calls and tons of free throws, even Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban knew it. Mavs deserve the title this year

It should be a good series but I've got the Heat in six. I think the Heat are more prepared to guard Dirk then the Thunder were and as they showed in the Bulls series you can't beat them with just one guy. That being said the Mavs have more knock down shooters then the Bulls and are full of talented veterans hungry for a title but I think the Big 3 and the Heat's defense will be too much for the Mavs.

What makes you think Lebron can shut down Dirk? Just because he shut down Rose, who is a PG and Lebron has a size advantage against him which is why Rose struggled to get a good look at the hoop. Dirk has the size advantage now. Ron Artest, one of the best defenders in the league couldn't even stop him. Dirk will post up and do one of those silly one-legged fade away jump shots that nobody can guard.

And you can argue the Thunder are just as battle tested as the Bulls. They are both young, talented teams. I'd even say Thunder are more talented after watching the Bulls miss open shot after open shot. Only scoring threat on the Bulls is Rose. Why do you think it was so easy to shut Rose down? They knew who would have the ball in crunch time. Yes, Dirk will touch the ball in crunch time, but if Heat double team the Mavs have shooting threats all over the court. I hope they double team Dirk bc I have a feeling Peja and Terry will have a huge series. The Mavs are not the Bulls, they can actually hit open shots. Bulls have MVP (who I mind you, did not look like an MVP in the Heat series. Way too many turnovers and stupid fouls with the game on the line. Kidd will not make those same silly turnovers and fouls, too much experience), Thunder have leading scorer in league and most likely a future MVP. Thunder have Russell Westbrook, lightning quick and second team all NBA. Thunder have James Harden, who will probably be an all-star next year and if not next year, soon. The Celtics are old and their run is done and Rondo was injured. Lakers are better than the Celtics. Portland would annihilate the Sixers.

Lebron is a good defender. I saw the Thunder too miss shot after shot against Dallas. Dallas plays defense just good enough to win. The Heat are playing defense to shut down the other team. The Bulls scored 102 points their first game against Miami. After that the Heat held the Bulls to under 90. that's not just missed shots. The Lakers didn't have heart or more precisely Gasol didn't. You can't sit there and tell me last year's Lakers team would've got swept by the Mavericks. Plus they were going for a 3 peat unlike Dallas who is going for their first title ever. Chicago and Boston are more playoff tested. they made the playoffs 4 years in a row unlike the Thunder who first won a series this year. The Mavericks won't be getting easy layup or dunks cause the Heat will block them or attempt to. They will be challenged for it every play.

Good first quarter. Surprised Dallas is playing so well defensively. Peja just missed a wide open 3. He needs to hit those if Dallas has any chance of winning the series. I like Anthony vs. Dirk. Dirk will wear him down. James already crying to the refs about fouls and people were saying Dirk is a crybaby. He got called for a foul early on and didn't say a thing.

I like the way Dallas is playing. Good zone defense. Mario Chalmers/Mike Miller/Mike Bibby will miss more shots than they make. Keep letting them shoot. Ball movement is key for Dallas. I saw more of it at the end of the second quarter and Dallas offense looked good. It was easy for the Heat against the Bulls, all they had to do was stop Rose. They can't stop everyone on Dallas. Game 1 looking good SO FAR. Im staying positive but not too positive.