How clean is our own house?

I'm sure there are privileges being given to Husker athletes like there are to athletes at Missouri, Michigan, Montana and Morgan State. The hope is that whatever shenanigans are going on at your campus are under sufficient control that they don't warrant closer inspection.

You got something against the M's?

I'm a fan of alliteration.

The obverse of that is, dirt on the program might mean that Bo (or any other coach with destination gig) wouldn't want to go to OSU.

You guys are in a tough spot. Convincing a coach that they want to come to your school when you're facing major NCAA sanctions is a huge problem. Here's hoping you don't end up with your version of RichRod, or Callahan.

Take a time out knapplc, you said the "C" word...... <_<

GBR!!!

I'm sure there are privileges being given to Husker athletes like there are to athletes at Missouri, Michigan, Montana and Morgan State. The hope is that whatever shenanigans are going on at your campus are under sufficient control that they don't warrant closer inspection.

I think you're just using your supposed alliteration fandom as a guise to hide your letterist agenda.

I think you're just using your supposed alliteration fandom as a guise to hide your letterist agenda.

Damn letterists and their alphabetism

I think we're fine. As long as you self-report and punish offenders I don't think the NCAA will actually care. They have bigger fish to fry. tOSU and Sweater Vest would have been fine if they would have cooperated and punished the players involved. There is no way you can expect the schools and coaches to keep these kids out of trouble. I seriously doubt the B1G would have considered us if we had a compliance problem.

I think we're fine. As long as you self-report and punish offenders I don't think the NCAA will actually care. They have bigger fish to fry. tOSU and Sweater Vest would have been fine if they would have cooperated and punished the players involved. There is no way you can expect the schools and coaches to keep these kids out of trouble. I seriously doubt the B1G would have considered us if we had a compliance problem.

if I may, OSU prides itself on self-reporting transgressions, before the story broke, OSU had already self-reported something like a month before that. Now the Tressel thing is a different ballgame, but as soon as he told OSU he lied, again OSU self-reported. There are several big time programs that have fought the NCAAA tooth and nail and I won't name them b/c you are already aware of them, but do remember OSU self-reports more infractions than any other school in the NCAA (not b/c they have more than anyone, rather they have the largest athletic department in the country--more varsity teams than any other school).

if I may, OSU prides itself on self-reporting transgressions, before the story broke, OSU had already self-reported something like a month before that. Now the Tressel thing is a different ballgame, but as soon as he told OSU he lied, again OSU self-reported. There are several big time programs that have fought the NCAAA tooth and nail and I won't name them b/c you are already aware of them, but do remember OSU self-reports more infractions than any other school in the NCAA (not b/c they have more than anyone, rather they have the largest athletic department in the country--more varsity teams than any other school).

Yes they self-reported it, but they didn't punish the offenders. It's not enough to just report it. When they found out Tressel lied, they should have fired him on the spot instead of taking the NCAA's role and suspending him for 2 or 3 games (can't remember). Also, when Tressel found out, he should have passed the info onto the compliance department and they should have kicked the players involved out of school. That may seem kinda harsh, but every student on every campus has a standard of ethics to live up to, and if these were regular students trading school issued materials for tats, they would've been gone long ago.

Another couple of quick thoughts I have about this mess.

1. Am I the only one that thinks Tressel just fell on the sword for Gene Smith and Gordon Gee?

2. If tOSU was in the SEC, would we even know about this yet?