GSP vs. Diaz

I hope Diaz kills GSP. He's soooooo boring to watch

I never get the "he's boring to watch" argument. Granted his last fight against Shields was a little boring but most of his fights have been a great display of complete domination. How can you not be a fan of his and enjoy his style?? If you want to see just stand up then go watch boxing. So tired of people complaining about a MMA fighters style being boring and booing when the fight goes to the ground. Go watch boxing and kick boxing then!

If he was really dominating, he would finish fights. I could care less if it's stand up or on the ground. GSP gets a takedown, does just enough to keep the ref from standing them up until the round is over. Rinse and repeat for five rounds.

At least Silva has the excuse that guys were actively trying not fight him (Demian Maia). Yet he's had half of his last 4 fights not even make it out of the first round.

It's been two and a half years since we saw GSP finish a fight. If I wanted to watch wrestling, I'd go to the high school/college meets in my area.

If GSP fought like he did when he first won the title, it'd be a totally different story.

I never get the "he's boring to watch" argument. Granted his last fight against Shields was a little boring but most of his fights have been a great display of complete domination. How can you not be a fan of his and enjoy his style?? If you want to see just stand up then go watch boxing. So tired of people complaining about a MMA fighters style being boring and booing when the fight goes to the ground. Go watch boxing and kick boxing then!

If he was really dominating, he would finish fights. I could care less if it's stand up or on the ground. GSP gets a takedown, does just enough to keep the ref from standing them up until the round is over. Rinse and repeat for five rounds.

At least Silva has the excuse that guys were actively trying not fight him (Demian Maia). Yet he's had half of his last 4 fights not even make it out of the first round.

It's been two and a half years since we saw GSP finish a fight. If I wanted to watch wrestling, I'd go to the high school/college meets in my area.

If GSP fought like he did when he first won the title, it'd be a totally different story.

Getting a finish is easier said than done. You can't tell me you honestly think that GSP doesn't want to finish a fight. Of course he does. His fight against Koscheck was a total domination on the feet by him. The fight should have been stopped by the doctor. GSP's jabbed did so much damage to Kos' eye that he is still unable to fight to this date because he still has nerve damage to his eye. He almost submitted Hardy to an arm bar, one that most people would have tapped to. His arm was bent further than when Matt Hughes arm barred Royce Gracie and he didn't tap either.

Getting a finish is easier said than done. You can't tell me you honestly think that GSP doesn't want to finish a fight. Of course he does. His fight against Koscheck was a total domination on the feet by him. The fight should have been stopped by the doctor. GSP's jabbed did so much damage to Kos' eye that he is still unable to fight to this date because he still has nerve damage to his eye. He almost submitted Hardy to an arm bar, one that most people would have tapped to. His arm was bent further than when Matt Hughes arm barred Royce Gracie and he didn't tap either.

It sure doesn't look like it. It looks more and more like he wants to get a decision with taking as little risk as possible just to extend his career and create a legacy of sorts.

GSP's a phenomenal athlete, great role model, seems like a nice guy, etc. It just doesn't seem like he has that fire to finish fights anymore.

I'm hoping that Diaz will bring out GSP's best. October 29, 2011 will most likely be the first time I've bought a GSP ppv since UFC 100.

GSG your forgot to mention Silvas addition for Dancing with the Stars when he fought against Maia where he danced around for 5 mintues that eventually pissed of Dana White. Dana was so upset that after the 4th round he threw/gave the belt to one of Silvas trainers and told them "You give him the belt because I won't. He's not fighting like a champion today."

GSP really gave it to Kos real early in the fight looking for a knockout. Kos took a beating and it showed in his face which was satisfying to see. GSP's fight against Shields I believe GSP on took Shields down 3 maybe 4 at the most. Shields hardly did anything and GSP successfully stopped Shields takedowns.

We as fans would love to see more knockouts and submissions but the reallity of it is it doesn't happen more than we would like. I have a hard time believing that a fighter would fight for 15-25 mintues just to get a decision. Dana White pays his fighters extra to finish the fights whether its a submission or knockout.

Silva is more deadly standing up where Maia is more deadly on the ground and we've hardly seen Silva on the ground. Maia would keep going to the ground because that's what he does best. Was it boring and frustrating to watch? Yes but Silva could've finished that fight as well. Toward the end of the 4th and most of the 5th Maia started becoming more aggressive with Silva and taunting him right back.

I don't think Nick Diaz has fought better competition compared with GSP's previous fights. Sounds like my two cousins, their friend, and I will probably be at that fight at Mandalay Bay.

Expect the get it to the ground GSP in this one. I think Diaz would pulverize GSP in a stand up fight. Diaz's boxing background is great and he probably has the toughest jaw I have seen out there.

The whole UFC/Strikeforce cross brand thing is really what has me scratching my head.

Don't forget that Diaz is a Gracie jiu-jitsu black belt. He's almost as dangerous on the ground as he is on his feet.

Tis very true. Diaz will take his guy down and put that skill to use, but his last few fights he gets such a personal grudge against the guy he is fighting that he would rather pummel him into unconsciousness. That is why I love watching him.

To me personally, as much as I'd love to see GSP/Silva, this fight is just a little more intruiging. This whole Strikeforce/UFC crossover also adds to it. I would love to see a healthy Lesner probably get his stuff handed to him by one of the top five Strikeforce heavyweights. Strikeforce>>>>>>>UFC on the heavyweight front.