Big Ten logos that could've been

I'm a sucker for shields, so I tend to like most of those even though they remind me of pest control company logos.

For my money, the best one was #941. It looks kind of 80's TV-ish, but it's clean and I like the font. Maybe the best thing about it is that it doesn't try to incorporate the number 2 in it somewhere. Too many of those seem forced.

Saw this on another board. It's a bunch of submissions for a Big Ten logo contest. Just about all of these are better than the one that the Big Ten, er, "BIG" chose:

http://www.mycroburst.com/contests/redesign-big-ten-logo-unofficial-sponsored-by-mycroburst-com

The vast majority of those are pretty terrible, but I guess I'm in the minority of people that doesn't have a problem at all with the new B1G logo. #941 and #471 are both nice.

Really though, you're dreaming if almost all of them on that site would ever even momentarily be considered for actual use.

Really though, you're dreaming if almost all of them on that site would ever even momentarily be considered for actual use.

I don't know if anyone is saying they could, are they? Also, does it look to anyone else like they gave these people a bunch of stock backgrounds and fonts to use? Way too many similar fonts/backgrounds to be coincidental.

I don't know if anyone is saying they could, are they? Also, does it look to anyone else like they gave these people a bunch of stock backgrounds and fonts to use? Way too many similar fonts/backgrounds to be coincidental.

I don't mean to say "none of these will be used, the reason being because it was just a fun contest on a website" but rather "none of these would ever be used because they aren't any good". The OP seemed to think that a good number of them are better than the B1G logo and I was disagreeing, is all :)

Also, the one's with the ESPN font particularly make me smile a bit.