Big Ten Top Linebackers of the 2000's

While I am sure you and Penn love this, most fans of the B10 do not. How can you list someone who never played in the conf? Honorable mention, yes, on the list, no way. I find it disrepsectful to all the players who chose to attend a B10 school and disrespectful to the B10 at large. I know the flip side is Penn and Nebraska find it all to respectful. If you think about it I think you will agree. Like I said in the years Penn wasnt with us or when Nebraska wasnt it's fine to do an honorable mention somewhere in the list, but to bump a player off and replace him with a player who's career was not in the B10 just is not right.

Maybe they are referring to, the best linebackers of 2000s from big ten teams, which would include Nebraska. If you think about it they need to start somewhere, because they are not going to wait till 2020 to start including Nebraska in these types of things. If they don't do this Nebraska would be left out of every historical comparison topic on the BTN, which with such a fan following it would be dumb not to. The BTN wants to entertain Husker fans.

Maybe they are referring to, the best linebackers of 2000s from big ten teams, which would include Nebraska. If you think about it they need to start somewhere, because they are not going to wait till 2020 to start including Nebraska in these types of things. If they don't do this Nebraska would be left out of every historical comparison topic on the BTN, which with such a fan following it would be dumb not to. The BTN wants to entertain Husker fans.

Ah, makes sence. But they do go by ten years, best of 80's 90's 2000's. So there should be something for 2010 to 2020. I would have no problem with that. But your right that list wont come out until 2020. So what your saying is to make the fans of Penn and Nebraska happy it's ok to disrespect the kids who did actually play in the B10? Or are you saying it's ok to go against 70% of the other teams fans to satisfy those two teams fans? Cake and eat it to, sound familure? I dont see how you can be on a B10 list when you NEVER played a down of football in the B10.

Ah, makes sence. But they do go by ten years, best of 80's 90's 2000's. So there should be something for 2010 to 2020. I would have no problem with that. But your right that list wont come out until 2020. So what your saying is to make the fans of Penn and Nebraska happy it's ok to disrespect the kids who did actually play in the B10? Or are you saying it's ok to go against 70% of the other teams fans to satisfy those two teams fans? Cake and eat it to, sound familure? I dont see how you can be on a B10 list when you NEVER played a down of football in the B10.

We're part of the conference now. (Whether you like or not.) Anybody left off the list needed to tally a few more TFL or sacks and they would have made it.

To the bolded, is the entire list made up solely of Huskers and Nittany Lions? If not, your statement is asinine.

Come July, this link Big 10 will include a Nebraska N up top with the rest of the team logos. Yet we will not have taken a single snap in a Big 10 conference game. Maybe then you will be able to see what you claim to be incapable of visualizing.

We're part of the conference now. (Whether you like or not.) Anybody left off the list needed to tally a few more TFL or sacks and they would have made it.

To the bolded, is the entire list made up solely of Huskers and Nittany Lions? If not, your statement is asinine.

Come July, this link Big 10 will include a Nebraska N up top with the rest of the team logos. Yet we will not have taken a single snap in a Big 10 conference game. Maybe then you will be able to see what you claim to be incapable of visualizing.

Alright lets turn it around, your still in the B12 and another school joins the B12. You would be ok with Suh getting bumped off the list (for sake of argument say he would have been #10) by a player from the new team and that player had never played a down of B12 football? I call BS on that my friend. Like I said honorable mention, yes, the list no.

Alright lets turn it around, your still in the B12 and another school joins the B12. You would be ok with Suh getting bumped off the list (for sake of argument say he would have been #10) by a player from the new team and that player had never played a down of B12 football? I call BS on that my friend. Like I said honorable mention, yes, the list no.

Does it matter? Any and all of these lists are just opinion. Maybe instead of complaining about NU and PSU, you could tell us about the players you would have liked to see on the list.

i would be perfectly fine with that because that school is a member of the conference and they had a better player!

damn i thought the big conference was about conference unity? i think it would be more than a little disrespectful to leave these two institutions off of the list.

look at it this way, the university of chicago had a heisman winner in fact the very first one, if he were left off of a list of the BIG conferences greatest players would you be ok with that? because they are no longer athletically associated with the BIG conference.

these players still have a history and the big 12 is not going to recognize it so someone has to and i for one would like to thank the BIG conference for being open minded and realizing the obvious.

While I am sure you and Penn love this, most fans of the B10 do not. How can you list someone who never played in the conf? Honorable mention, yes, on the list, no way. I find it disrepsectful to all the players who chose to attend a B10 school and disrespectful to the B10 at large. I know the flip side is Penn and Nebraska find it all to respectful. If you think about it I think you will agree. Like I said in the years Penn wasnt with us or when Nebraska wasnt it's fine to do an honorable mention somewhere in the list, but to bump a player off and replace him with a player who's career was not in the B10 just is not right.

You make a good point bigg10

Well just off the top of my head, Pat Angerer. Now I am an Iowa fan so I am more familure with them, but he was drafted (2nd round) in 2010, so his play time matches the time line, and had a motor that is rare these days. He was injured and did'nt get to play as much, but what he did when he was on the field spoke volumes. I dont have the list in front of me, but I am sure there are many others that should have been thought of, that are not from Iowa.

Angerer's Collegiate Stats

Defense Solo Ast. Total T/Losst Sacks Int-Yds. PBU FF RF

Freshman 1 4 5 0/0 0/0 0-0 0 0 0

Sophomore 0 1 1 0/0 0/0 0-0 0 0 0

Junior 45 62 107 6.5/21 1/3 5-34 3 0 0

Senior 48 97 145 5/15 1/8 1-38 5 0 2

Career 94 164 258 11.5/36 2/11 6-72 8 0 2

2009 Honors - - First team all-America by Football Writers Association of America, CollegeFootballNews.com and Phil Steele's College Football . . . second team all-America by Walter Camp Football Foundation and the Associated Press . . . second team all-College Football Insiders . . . Roy J. Carver Most Valuable Player, Defense . . . Permanent Team Captain . . . Hayden Fry Award, Defense . . . Iron Hawk Award . . . one of five finalists for Bronko Nagurski Award . . . first team all-Big Ten by league coaches and media . . . first team all-Big Ten by Sporting News . . . named to cbssports.com Mid-Season all-America team . . . named Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week for his play in win at Penn State . . . named Lott Trophy IMPACT Player of the Week vs. Penn State . . . Linebacker National Performer of the Week by College Football Performance Award committee vs. Penn State.

Not bad for really only playing two years.

Well just off the top of my head, Pat Angerer. Now I am an Iowa fan so I am more familure with them, but he was drafted (2nd round) in 2010, so his play time matches the time line, and had a motor that is rare these days. He was injured and did'nt get to play as much, but what he did when he was on the field spoke volumes. I dont have the list in front of me, but I am sure there are many others that should have been thought of, that are not from Iowa.

2009 Honors - - First team all-America by Football Writers Association of America, CollegeFootballNews.com and Phil Steele's College Football . . . second team all-America by Walter Camp Football Foundation and the Associated Press . . . second team all-College Football Insiders . . . Roy J. Carver Most Valuable Player, Defense . . . Permanent Team Captain . . . Hayden Fry Award, Defense . . . Iron Hawk Award . . . one of five finalists for Bronko Nagurski Award . . . first team all-Big Ten by league coaches and media . . . first team all-Big Ten by Sporting News . . . named to cbssports.com Mid-Season all-America team . . . named Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week for his play in win at Penn State . . . named Lott Trophy IMPACT Player of the Week vs. Penn State . . . Linebacker National Performer of the Week by College Football Performance Award committee vs. Penn State.

but clearly he wasnt good enough to make the list. just because you were good doesnt mean you were good enough...

but clearly he wasnt good enough to make the list. just because you were good doesnt mean you were good enough...

I'll tell you what you you tube him, and I will agree that he was not good enough, if you will agree that Suh was not good enough to be on these lists. They played alot alike and would have been a NC contender had they been on the same team. Like I said, those types of players are rare. Had he been healthy and earned his spot sooner, he would have broken numerous records and gone first round. Heck compare his stats to Ruud's and factor in the amount of play time. I should say I havent seen the list and he could very well be on it.

This. Gotta say I agree with the view that we shouldn't be included in decade list for a decade we were in the Big 12. If they want to include Nebraska so bad then have some kind of honorable mention for Husker players but don't actually rank them.

For a 2020 list we only miss 2010 players. So i guess Prince won't be eligible.

For the sake of making an entertainment tv show on a network: The BTN has been touting how they want to include Nebraska, and they did. They want Nebraska fans to tune in. Its wrong to the rest of the BIG but for ratings, and ratings only, maybe the right decision?

This. Gotta say I agree with the view that we shouldn't be included in decade list for a decade we were in the Big 12. If they want to include Nebraska so bad then have some kind of honorable mention for Husker players but don't actually rank them.

For the sake of making an entertainment tv show on a network: The BTN has been touting how they want to include Nebraska, and they did. They want Nebraska fans to tune in. Its wrong to the rest of the BIG but for ratings, and ratings only, maybe the right decision?

I agree from the standpoint of running a network it is the right thing and we do really want you all to feel welcome. I have had a pot of coffee and am wound for sound, so take my post for what they are. I personally dont feel disrespected as I was'nt going to make the list anyway. It's more of a history thing for me. Kind of like saying Columbus discovered america. I am sure you all will make your mark in the B10, but it should be earned, not givin.

I agree from the standpoint of running a network it is the right thing and we do really want you all to feel welcome. I have had a pot of coffee and am wound for sound, so take my post for what they are. I personally dont feel disrespected as I was'nt going to make the list anyway. It's more of a history thing for me. Kind of like saying Columbus discovered america. I am sure you all will make your mark in the B10, but it should be earned, not givin.

The network thing and the counter-argument made about if the Big 12 should include Huskers (eating the cake, too) got me thinking. This is two fold for me. If the Big 12 released a list on a website, voted by fans, the league, whatever. I would be angry if they didn't include Husker players and we know Husker message boards would LIGHT UP with more anti-Big 12 threads over such a thing...

At the same time, if the fictional Big 12 Network did a list solely for a TV program... It would seem odd if Nebraska players were featured in it. It would be a show aimed at current Big 12 fans anyway.

I think the argument just gets kind of awkward when you consider the angle of trying to entertain fans of your league through a TV show.