FS/RB Corey Young

This kid has good speed, strength and his scores at camps have been pretty good. Does anybody think there's any bias against NE kids from the recruiting services? What I'm wondering is if this kid played on a coast if he would be given another star or two, or if anybody has seem him play if his rating is justified? I don't care about the ratings, these coaches seem to be great evaluators of talent and I trust them, I was just wondering.

Either you're a complete idiot, or you simply do not understand.

Et tu???

Like I said previously, but you are obviously not intellectually capable to understand, NU has had difficulties pulling said top prospects out of said recruiting hotbeds for years, and years, and years for reasons pointed out in the previous post. It hasnt changed, and this staff like previous staffs has to work much harder to pull said talent from those areas.

And NE doesnt support as much talent (4 and 5 :star players) as FL, CA, TX.

You dont have to act like a total jackass, Im agreeing with you :dumdum.

Too bad that either "you're a complete idiot, or you simply do not understand."

Geeeeesh :wtf

troll.gif

Yes his 2 star ranking is justified. He is a high 2 (MAYBE a low 3). I was impressed with him when i saw him both times but that's at a high school level. Not sure he would be that impressive at the DIV-A level untill he got a redshirt season under him and developed. Could see time on special teams but wont earn a start spot on either side of the ball

Clayborne plays defensive end, not O line. I have no idea what former was talking about. We dont need more defensive ends, thats why his scholly was pulled. Hill is being looked at at Tight end, which we are thin at.

I was talking about Martin [(from Lincoln)<----not an opinion] who is a 2 :starDE that just gave a verbal this week. Like I said, NU doesnt need DEs, but pulled Clayborn's (DE) offer, yet offered a lesser thought-of DE recruit in Martin. Unless Martin is changing positions, but he is listed as a DE (possible TE).

Clayborne plays defensive end, not O line. I have no idea what former was talking about. We dont need more defensive ends, thats why his scholly was pulled. Hill is being looked at at Tight end, which we are thin at.

I was talking about Martin [(from Lincoln)<----not an opinion] who is a 2 :starDE that just gave a verbal this week. Like I said, NU doesnt need DEs, but pulled Clayborn's (DE) offer, yet offered a lesser thought-of DE recruit in Martin. Unless Martin is changing positions, but he is listed as a DE (possible TE).

That's position speculation (at best). No one knows for sure where he could end up, not even the coaches yet. Leon Jackson moved from RB to DB, to now WR. All that's important is the coaches think he's worth recruiting and that's all that matters in my opinion.

Recruits weigh in on NU's plight

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Dec 12, 2005 - 12:42:05 am CST

Such drastic transitions require time and patience, said safety/running back Corey Young of Millard North, who verbally committed last week to accept Nebraska’s scholarship offer.

“It’s a gradual process,” Young said. “Once it gets rolling, you see what it can do. I think the future brings brightness.”

Young understands if some Husker fans become impatient.

“When you have a team like Nebraska that dominated in the 1990s, fans come to expect the best,” he said. “It’s always good to be pressured to be the best. But you can’t expect the absolute best year in and year out. As much as I hate losing, you can’t win every game in your four or five years in the program.”

Young heard Big Red fans’ harsh commentary following the loss to Kansas.

“As much as our fans complain, they’re still there for you — that’s what I love about them,” he said. “You wouldn’t get angry about a team you didn’t care about.”

Regarding the Colorado win, Young said, “It showed that once everybody gets on the same page, Nebraska can dominate. They have enough athletes. It was just a matter of coming together and learning the system.”