Husker fans in Nebraska with Time Warner Cable...

Yeah, but once the first year special price for Directv ends, it looks like Dish basic + sports package is cheaper than Directv's basic package.

I've been with Dish for almost 2 years and have gone through 6-7 receivers. More sports channels on Direct plus BTN is a standard channel and IMO the HD is better.

Yeah, but once the first year special price for Directv ends, it looks like Dish basic + sports package is cheaper than Directv's basic package.

I've been with Dish for almost 2 years and have gone through 6-7 receivers. More sports channels on Direct plus BTN is a standard channel and IMO the HD is better.

Again, my point is, compare the prices and content, not the names of the packages. Maybe it's easy to keep the Directv promotional prices, I don't know. You are right that Directv has more sports channels overall than Dish, though I don't care about having NFL games. Redzone is all I need for NFL.

I've had one Dish receiver go bad in 11 years. Make sure it has enough ventilation--don't stack something else right on top of it.

Nebraska is keeping the rights for three home games so they can pay per view it if necessary. It shouldn't affect B10 coverage of the games from my understanding, but would still give NU a way to distribute the game as they see fit so Lincoln can watch it still without up grading to premium content. Time Warner won't win this one. But I'd switch to Direct TV to prove a point if I live there.

Huh?? I though we signed all our rights over to to the Big Ten?

I've had DirecTV for 9 years and I live in Omaha. The pricing is about the same for Cox, the biggest difference is you earn value points. They don't tell you about them but if you ask, they will offer you a deal. For example, I received a Sports package free for one year ($10.00 a month value), got $30.00 off my monthly bill for one year and received DVR service free for 2 years. They will do what they can to take care of you. Unlike Cox who could care less if you stay or go and the BTN is on the DirecTV standard package.

Nebraska is keeping the rights for three home games so they can pay per view it if necessary. It shouldn't affect B10 coverage of the games from my understanding, but would still give NU a way to distribute the game as they see fit so Lincoln can watch it still without up grading to premium content. Time Warner won't win this one. But I'd switch to Direct TV to prove a point if I live there.

not yet, until they get TW situated. We just can't have our own network.

It's my understanding we signed our rights over to the Big10, but the Big10 hasn't yet signed them over to the Big Ten Network - which leaves the option open for the conference to pay-per-view them and bipass the agreement BTN has w/ cable companies. Remember, BTN and B1G are different entities.

Regardless of who has the rights though, if they decide to go pay-per-view w/ them, it doesn't matter if you have BTN or not, you won't get to see those 3 home games w/out getting them via pay-per-view, they wouldn't pay-per-view ONLY for the Lincoln area where they might get 10,000 tv sets - so it's essentially the same as pre-B1G and will have Texas giggling like schoolgirls.

Again, my point is, compare the prices and content, not the names of the packages. Maybe it's easy to keep the Directv promotional prices, I don't know. You are right that Directv has more sports channels overall than Dish, though I don't care about having NFL games. Redzone is all I need for NFL.

I've had one Dish receiver go bad in 11 years. Make sure it has enough ventilation--don't stack something else right on top of it.

What? You mean to tell me that the receiver needs to breathe? Lol I'm not dumb lol. I have the model 702 or 704 or whatever model that HD DVR receiver is and that receiver is known for overheating. Found this out when I lost my 4th receiver due to it over heating. Go ahead and google it if you don't believe me and I've notified this to Dish and they've just brushed it off.

My entertainment stand it open in the back and I mean really open and it still over heated. I even took it out of my entertainment center and placed it on a table stand and its in an open space and it would still over heat. I have a laptop fan underneath the receiver now and haven't had any problems but I shouldn't have to spend money on a fan in order to keep my receiver from over heating.

My parents have the 600 something model for years with no problems until about a few months ago when it started to over heat.

It's my understanding we signed our rights over to the Big10, but the Big10 hasn't yet signed them over to the Big Ten Network - which leaves the option open for the conference to pay-per-view them and bipass the agreement BTN has w/ cable companies. Remember, BTN and B1G are different entities.

Regardless of who has the rights though, if they decide to go pay-per-view w/ them, it doesn't matter if you have BTN or not, you won't get to see those 3 home games w/out getting them via pay-per-view, they wouldn't pay-per-view ONLY for the Lincoln area where they might get 10,000 tv sets - so it's essentially the same as pre-B1G and will have Texas giggling like schoolgirls.

Dear God... if that happens. I will mail a f'ing bomb to TWC and harass them ever single day.

What is the situation with Cox cable? I have digital cable, and I get the BTN already. Is that going to change?

I got the BTN a few week ago from Time Warner out of Lincoln, I did not ask for it. They did a change and I was wondering the same thing if I had to pay after the intro to BTN. It is still not clear to me yet.

Well, if I can not get the first few games. I will listen to the radio just like I did years ago.

From my understanding driect tv has signed the contract with BIG and that we will get the three games even if time warner doesnt get a deal done. thats what MR. Jim Deleny said.