Dome over Haymarket park

I was listening to Commish Delaney on Sports nightly last night and that guy is not interested in keeping baseball in the Big 10. I think he's a vag for that, but most other things I like about him.

Anyways, it got me thinking. He was saying that the Big 10 baseball teams can't practice, etc during the winter months like southern schools can and it's a big disadvantage. Then I thought, is it conceivable to put a dome over Haymarket park?? Aren't there temporary domes that can be put up in the winter over the park and then taken down in the spring.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought there were things like that out there. Anyone have any info on if this is possible or not??

they have a new indoor practice facility, they don't need a dome

The new practice facility is great and all, but I'm talking about playing games early in the year. That was another of Delaney's gripes, which I thought was kind of wussified, but he was crying about being too cold to play at home early in the year.

But he was also talking North schools were at a disadvantage because they couldn't practice in the winter which I thought was a total copout. There is no reason some of the big schools in the conference like Ohio St., Penn St., Wisconsin, Michigan, etc can't build an indoor practice facility.

Listen to the interview. Click link below and go to June 30th archive. The interview starts at 1:06:45. The baseball part starts about 1:32:45. The whole interview lasts until 1:41:30. Good interview overall and really whole thing worth listening to.

http://www.huskers.com/AudioArchives.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100