Best tailgate

I mean the area around the stadium and downtown is basically one gigantic tailgate...the super rich prissy types tailgate at the champions center on stadium drive, but I wouldn't call what they're doing "tailgating" ...The lot east of the stadium is usually full, and any parking area downtown is usually filled with tailgaters.

There are several hotspots for tailgating around the stadium, but because of its location there aren't any huge parking lots available, so the tailgating is broken up quite a bit. The best area is to the west of the stadium, under the I-180 bridge. There are tons of tailgates, music, food and lots of red cups.

Other places are in the North Bottoms, an area to the north of the stadium and the Indian Center at 10th & Military where there's plenty of room and plenty of grilling.

There are several hotspots for tailgating around the stadium, but because of its location there aren't any huge parking lots available, so the tailgating is broken up quite a bit. The best area is to the west of the stadium, under the I-180 bridge. There are tons of tailgates, music, food and lots of red cups.

Other places are in the North Bottoms, an area to the north of the stadium and the Indian Center at 10th & Military where there's plenty of room and plenty of grilling.

This one pretty much nailed it id say.

Lots on east side, too.

Lots on east side, too.

Lots of what? :laughpound

What is or where is the North Bottoms?

The North Bottoms is a low-land region roughly bordered by the railroad tracks just north of Memorial Stadium on the south, I-180 on the west, Military Road on the north and the Devaney Center on the East. Tons of students live there, and as you wander through there you'll see parties and cookouts everywhere.

my best tailgate spot is... her we go....

i wake up early and air up the front right tire on my 1979 gmc sierra. i yell out back to ol yellar, of course his name is BIG RED, and he jumps up into the back usually sliding up the broken tailgate with this claws that haven't been trimmed for... well forever. he is old and cannot jump very high. the tailgate kind of provides a slide for him to get up and down because it is only connected by by one side with a small rusted chain. i already had my cooler ready from the night before as i drove into town and purchased a 30 pack of Busch Light. It has been sitting on ice all night long. I drain a small portion of the water and add more ice. Next I throw the ca ca coooler into the passenger side of the truck and shut the door. It usually takes a few attempts and a pair of pliers to get 'er shut. I grab my 94 and 95 tattered and torn national championship window flags and roll them up into the windows. (this sucks in the early fall because its usually 90 degrees or so). Next i grab the shotgun and jump in the truck. I start the truck and hit the road. I hit every major "minimum maintenance" road around Lincoln, Listening to the pre-game show on the am radio. The dial does not move off this station as it has been stuck for years. As I drive around I shoot a few doves out the windows, which makes BIG RED happy. A couple hours later I pull right up to gate 24. I get looks from all the students wondering WTF? but BIG RED is the best security system a guy can ask for. I then purchase some Fairbury hotdogs and a runza. Scalp a ticket and head into the game!!!