NU's Farm Club Takes a Hit

Coach Jeff Sims takes job at Indiana as Recruiting Coordinator. Hope the OC can keep this nice little pipeline NU has going. Sucks also cause I always hoped NU could find a spot for him on the staff.

Minor League Team Takes a Hit

1. do you think simms should have been offered a position like this at NU? (then perhaps work this way up the ladder)

2. would it have been a good idea?

3. could him and JP been a good jointly at this

4. are simms and eckler obviously gay?

Coach Jeff Sims takes job at Indiana as Recruiting Coordinator. Hope the OC can keep this nice little pipeline NU has going. Sucks also cause I always hoped NU could find a spot for him on the staff.

1. do you think simms should have been offered a position like this at NU? (then perhaps work this way up the ladder)

i like our coaching staff and i don't like the idea of giving a guy a spot on it just because he hooked you up. that said, i know very little about the guy's coaching ability. he certainly seems to be able to recruit though. speaking of which, is he actually on the indiana coaching staff, or is he taking on an administrative role in recruiting for them?

Yes to the first 3 and a maybe on 4.

I think he would have been good for us, he has built a winning program down there and is great with kids from the sound of it.

Also define gay, is it nut huggers gay or just happy.

i like our coaching staff and i don't like the idea of giving a guy a spot on it just because he hooked you up. that said, i know very little about the guy's coaching ability. he certainly seems to be able to recruit though. speaking of which, is he actually on the indiana coaching staff, or is he taking on an administrative role in recruiting for them?

That's what I'm curious about too. If he counts as a coach, no we don't have room. I'm guessing there is no limit to administrative roles. I'd think our program would have the money to hire one, but how many recruiting coordinators do you need. It seems there's always a coach in that role.

1. yes, actually thought the WR position was a strong possibility.

2. As aspeedlin said, the guy has taken FSCC to levels it hadn't been to since the erly 70's. 9+ win seasons every year, led the team to numerous first time achievements, and sent a TON of guys to four year schools. And obviously has gotten great talent to go to school in a small town in SE Kansas(ie guys on NU's roster)

3. Easily. Revert back to the last sentence. I think Sims probably been a lot more establshed as a recruiter, with more ties, tha say a Coach Fisher and possibly Els. And that possibly could have lightened the recruiting load on JP. Hell Sims could have easily been the RC and really freed JP up to do what he does best, get NU in with guys they almost have no business talking to.

4. Shawn Watson probably would be the one to ask.

Can't complain with the staff we have, this just falls into the "what if" scenarios that we coul play out over anything NU football. Like I said hopefully Coach Horton keeps throwing NU a "bone" when needed at a key position.

1. yes, actually thought the WR position was a strong possibility.

2. As aspeedlin said, the guy has taken FSCC to levels it hadn't been to since the erly 70's. 9+ win seasons every year, led the team to numerous first time achievements, and sent a TON of guys to four year schools. And obviously has gotten great talent to go to school in a small town in SE Kansas(ie guys on NU's roster)

3. Easily. Revert back to the last sentence. I think Sims probably been a lot more establshed as a recruiter, with more ties, tha say a Coach Fisher and possibly Els. And that possibly could have lightened the recruiting load on JP. Hell Sims could have easily been the RC and really freed JP up to do what he does best, get NU in with guys they almost have no business talking to.

4. Shawn Watson probably would be the one to ask.

Can't complain with the staff we have, this just falls into the "what if" scenarios that we coul play out over anything NU football. Like I said hopefully Coach Horton keeps throwing NU a "bone" when needed at a key position.

good feedback.....

We didn't want Simms... trust me on that.

Why do you say that craze?

I can't say much, but I will say he's leaving Fort Scott not just because he got a job at Indiana. He really lucked out that Indiana threw him a line. Simms is not a character I want coaching here. Trust me there are reasons Simms is not at Nebraska, but I can't say anymore than that.

I can't say much, but I will say he's leaving Fort Scott not just because he got a job at Indiana. He really lucked out that Indiana threw him a line. Simms is not a character I want coaching here. Trust me there are reasons Simms is not at Nebraska, but I can't say anymore than that.

Can you draw us a picture, then? :)

i love the top secret attitude of some you guys!!

why even hint at it if your not gonna spill the beans... who cares anyways!!

i guess im gonna go on record and say Simms was a child moslestor, cheated on his wife, like to shoot hot sperm on his players, f'd cats, was a drunk, and did heaps of the pepsi!

i guess im gonna go on record and say Simms was a child moslestor, cheated on his wife, like to shoot hot sperm on his players, f'd cats, was a drunk, and did heaps of the pepsi!

He's not a criminal or anything haha, just not a coach I'd want on my program. I can't say much because I don't wanna get fired, but I did wanna let Husker fans know we're better off w/o him on staff.

Sounds like a real monster...