Impact of Texas Recruiting

My view is that those that have agenda's make these sort of things an issue. It's like we never had an recruits when we were in the Big 8. How did we ever become a power with the tradition we have?

These Texas writers, coaches and fans just try to use the move to their advantage. Facts are that their are more then enough variables that effect recruiting. We will recruit any player in TX that helps us build our program and we will win some of those battles, more of them as we win ... same issue as most schools.

The state of Texas produces roughly 400 FBS level football players a year. Texas can only sign about 20. Those kids have to go somewhere.

That's why Nebraska recruiting in Texas won't dry like sports analyst predict it will. It will slacken off I'm sure, but it won't dry up. Not every kid in Texas wants to join a school that travels back to Texas to play a team at the collegiate level. Some are more than happy to travel away from home and play teams in a different area and play the best, like the Big Ten.

Are we going to play with 12 guys on offense? :lol:

Most projected depth charts (this one included) list the top 3 wide receivers, a full back, and a tight end even though they won't be on the field at the same time.

(These are Phil Steele's projected starters. I assume Athlon and others do likewise.)

Texas has three of the largest cities ... Dallas, Houston and San Antonio ... They are like 4, 7, 9 in the country. I'm sure all these people live because it SUX! :-)

While there are a lot of people who live in Texas, there is a strong football culture and it is growing fast - I must point out that many of these new Texans would say "No quiero gringo futbol"

I would think all the players from teXus would want to leave. Anybody ever been to texus?? sux most parts :)

florida/cali mucho better???? and they probably get all the good texus recruits too :D

GBR

If California is so much better why are people leaving is droves and moving to Texas???? Just for the record, the biggest reason high school players leave Texas is because a large majority of them HATE UT and wouldn't go there even if they were offered. There's a reason why they are sometimes referred to as "teabaggers".

Texas has three of the largest cities ... Dallas, Houston and San Antonio ... They are like 4, 7, 9 in the country. I'm sure all these people live because it SUX! :-)

While there are a lot of people who live in Texas, there is a strong football culture and it is growing fast - I must point out that many of these new Texans would say "No quiero gringo futbol"

Not so much anymore. Immigration (illegal anyways) has plummeted.

I would think all the players from teXus would want to leave. Anybody ever been to texus?? sux most parts :)

florida/cali mucho better???? and they probably get all the good texus recruits too :D

GBR

If California is so much better why are people leaving is droves and moving to Texas????

Because the Texas job market is outstanding and the California job market is terribad