Official HB Good Beer Thread

Has anyone ever tried Belhaven? It is a Scottish Ale... My old neighbor owns a liquor store and was telling me he got some in for a guy and the gentleman decided he didn't want it. It is pricey stuff at $13 a six pack. My wife is gonna be pissed but I think I am gonna give it a whirl.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/53271-official-hb-good-beer-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1166121

I recommend.

• 1 month later...

recently i have tried deschutes chainbreaker, which was pretty good. i also tried new belgium's snapshot, which i liked quite a bit.

i was in omaha this weekend and bought some beers to bring home. excited to try great divide's claymore scotch ale and breckenridge's oatmeal stout and vanilla porter. also got some 8-bit ale because i just like that stuff.

just tried the claymore scotch ale and, damn, that is good. too good, really. did not know what to expect and am unsure what a scotch ale is, but it is delicious and smooth. the oatmeal stout was pretty good, but much more bitter than i expected. the vanilla porter was more of what i expected and pretty good. have not broken into the 8-bit ale, i have had that before and like it quite a bit, just wanted some on hand. i really like tallgrass beers, but colorado is where it is at for breweries.

edit: i really cannot believe how good this claymore scotch ale is. i have never had anything like it or this delicious.

• Fire 1

@carlfense, have you mentioned it before in this thread? i swear this is where i first heard of a scotch ale and i was instantly intrigued (i like scotch, after all). when i saw it at beertopia, i knew i had to try it. asked the person working there what he thought about it and he indicated that i would be wise to purchase it. glad i did.

sidenote, i like going to beertopia and then ask if they have budweiser or if they have the microbrew budweiser black crown.

@carlfense, have you mentioned it before in this thread? i swear this is where i first heard of a scotch ale and i was instantly intrigued (i like scotch, after all). when i saw it at beertopia, i knew i had to try it. asked the person working there what he thought about it and he indicated that i would be wise to purchase it. glad i did.

sidenote, i like going to beertopia and then ask if they have budweiser or if they have the microbrew budweiser black crown.

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__798982

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1113974

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1122730

Maybe more. I love that stuff. To the point of being really annoying about it. ;)

• Fire 1

after trying it, i feel like i should quit my job and go from city to city preaching its virtues of deliciousness.

It's no Bud Light . . .

what's the next beer i should try? thinking about stopping by beertopia again before the super bowl. although, might be hard to get anything other than the scotch ale. was thinking about just getting a 4 pack of tallboys from tallgrass, but there are a lot of beers there i want to try.

after trying it, i feel like i should quit my job and go from city to city preaching its virtues of deliciousness.

It's no Bud Light . . .

what's the next beer i should try? thinking about stopping by beertopia again before the super bowl. although, might be hard to get anything other than the scotch ale. was thinking about just getting a 4 pack of tallboys from tallgrass, but there are a lot of beers there i want to try.

If you like Tallgrass brews I really like their Buffalo Sweat. If you like stouts at all, Green Flash Double Stout is fantastic.

Or just keep buying Claymore? Can't go wrong there.

If you like Tallgrass' brews I really like their Buffalo Sweat. If you like stouts at all, Green Flash Double Stout is fantastic.

Or just keep buying Claymore? Can't go wrong there.

i have tried the buffalo sweat and really liked it. it is what got me to open up to dark beers (stouts and porters). might have to try their vanilla bean buffalo sweat.