Official HB Good Beer Thread

last weekend i went out in omaha; we went to jake's and the waiting room. tried a few different beers. at jakes i had a chili ipa that was good and a vanilla porter that was alright. at the waiting room i had two beers that were pretty memorable: a zombie monkey that was pretty good and a really great porter, but i cannot remember its name (and that haunts me. really wish i would have paid more attention because i would love to try it again). it was delicious. really enjoyed the variety those bars had to offer. i am not sure what i would ruin first if i lived in omaha; my liver or my savings.

Anyone ever heard of Founder's Brewery? They're going to start distributing in Omaha and Lincoln later this year. I'm gathering this is pretty cool?

http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/

And the announcement:

http://foundersbrewi...-submitted=true

That is big news. They are coming to Kansas as well! I really think they were watching how Stone did in Kansas and are now following suit

Finally tried Infusion Brewing Co., in Benson. (sd'sker, you were across the street when you were at Jakes and the Waiting Room!)

Really, really, excellent beers. Particularly the browns and darker. The brown ale, the American stout, the porter, and the black IPA were all fantastic. The lighter beers weren't anything to write home about.

This place might give Zipline a run for their money. Also . . . did I mention that it was cheap? Two flights of beers (8 sample sizes), a half loaf of warm bread, and a block of cheese for $20 even? I'll take it! Go check it out.

http://infusionbrewing.com/

Infusion+Brewing+Logo.jpg

Finally tried Infusion Brewing Co., in Benson. (sd'sker, you were across the street when you were at Jakes and the Waiting Room!)

Really, really, excellent beers. Particularly the browns and darker. The brown ale, the American stout, the porter, and the black IPA were all fantastic. The lighter beers weren't anything to write home about.

This place might give Zipline a run for their money. Also . . . did I mention that it was cheap? Two flights of beers (8 sample sizes), a half loaf of warm bread, and a block of cheese for $20 even? I'll take it! Go check it out.

http://infusionbrewing.com/

Infusion+Brewing+Logo.jpg

Need quality establishments like this out West/Sarpy County/etc..

alright, husker bros. picked up some new belgium accumulation and deschutes black butte porter for the game. very excited to try them both. also got some lennie's vanilla snowdrift porter, because it was so damn cheap. gbr!

You'll have to let us know how these were, ive seen 'em but havent gotten a chance to try yet

You'll have to let us know how these were, ive seen 'em but havent gotten a chance to try yet

deshutes' porter is probably my favorite beer right now. it is delicious. the accumulation was pretty good, but not great. i would get it again because i am a sucker for seasonal beers, but i will not miss it in its off-season. basically a good ipa with a little extra (probably just the perception from it being a seasonal). i want to find deshutes' jubelale to try next.

@carlfense, my friends talked about infusion. but no one had been there yet and they were not sure what to think. wish we would have stopped there, now. next time i am in town i will have to check it out. i do love benson.