Official HB Good Beer Thread

For those of you visiting the Twin Cities for the Husker-Gopher game, I would suggest checking out some of the local microbreweries around the area. They have taprooms where you can drink their beers. For anyone not familiar with a taproom, it is sort of like a bar at the brewery. They only serve their own beer and most of the time you can bring in your own food. Here are a few that I would recommend:

Lift Bridge-Stillwater

American Sky-Hudson, WI just across the river

Fulton-Minneapolis by Target Field

Flat Earth-St Paul

612-Minneapolis

Pour Decisions

There are several others but these are ones that I have personally tried.

Creamy+Dark.jpg

had this tonight. i liked it well enough. definitely a good value, so that is why i picked it up. given the price i would say it is pretty good.

there was a time that i was repulsed by stouts. i just thought they were gross and heavy, but i never really tried any stouts. but now it might be my favorite kind of beer (at least right now). and there is definitely no beer that pairs with a season better than a stout and winter/fall.

Creamy+Dark.jpg

had this tonight. i liked it well enough. definitely a good value, so that is why i picked it up. given the price i would say it is pretty good.

there was a time that i was repulsed by stouts. i just thought they were gross and heavy, but i never really tried any stouts. but now it might be my favorite kind of beer (at least right now). and there is definitely no beer that pairs with a season better than a stout and winter/fall.

I didn't care for it.

I didn't care for it.

yeah, it is not the best. but probably the best value. i was in the mood for a stout and my choices were pretty limited. frankly, i will drink just about anything.

I've never really cared for stout beer's. To heavy and bitter. I like most dark ale's and lager's though.

I've never really cared for stout beer's. To heavy and bitter. I like most dark ale's and lager's though.

i have not had many stouts, but i have been surprised because i have expected them to be heavier and more bitter. i was almost disappointed in guiness because it really does taste like a light beer. you should try a tallgrass buffalo sweat. you might like it, i know i do.