Is the B1G done expanding?

I know this has been talked about to death and then some, but if the SEC expands with A&M + one or more others, does it cause the other conferences to follow suit. If the Big Ten expands and adds more teams, is there really a point to referring to "TEN" any longer?

Now, here's a loaded question... for the sake of argument, let's just say UT wanted into the B1G. Would you be in favor of it, provided they signed in blood that they would abide by the same rules as everyone else and face penalties for coloring outside the lines?

Personally, if there were assurances of the above, I'd love to see them in the conference. That's just me, though, even though I don't see how they'd ever agree to be an equal member of a conference.

I know this has been talked about to death and then some, but if the SEC expands with A&M + one or more others, does it cause the other conferences to follow suit. If the Big Ten expands and adds more teams, is there really a point to referring to "TEN" any longer?

Now, here's a loaded question... for the sake of argument, let's just say UT wanted into the B1G. Would you be in favor of it, provided they signed in blood that they would abide by the same rules as everyone else and face penalties for coloring outside the lines?

Personally, if there were assurances of the above, I'd love to see them in the conference. That's just me, though, even though I don't see how they'd ever agree to be an equal member of a conference.

we already have osu, we don't need another dirty program.

Texas doesn't fit the culture of the Big 10. Plus I don't think there would be enough room for them and their ego to fit in comfortably. Plus they have now ruined 2 conferences. So the question is why give them another chance.

UT would have to make too many concessions for the B10 or Pac12. Only the SEC would allow them to keep their LHN. Plus i would like to think we would try to keep UT out so they couldn't destroy the B10 like they did the B12.

UT would have to make too many concessions for the B10 or Pac12. Only the SEC would allow them to keep their LHN. Plus i would like to think we would try to keep UT out so they couldn't destroy the B10 like they did the B12.

The problem with the SEC is that they don't meet the academic standards that Texas claims to support.

I don't know if even the SEC would take Texas and all its baggage. I just don't see the SEC schools being willing to accept the LongHorn Network either...

Got Carl--no, Texas won't be given a chance. Not in the Pac-12 (per Larry Scott's own words), likely not in the Big 10, and Texas is too good for the SEC as better people than I have explained.

But in reference to your overarching question, no the B1G is not done expanding. The following schools have been reported to be on their list:

Maryland (Likely)

W. Virginia (Unlikely)

Rutgers (Likely)

Kansas (Likely if solo; unlikely if with K-State)

Missouri (Neutral--still think they're SEC bound)

Ga. Tech (Very Unlikely)

Notre Dame (Very Likely if Big East collapses via poaching; otherwise, very unlikely)

Pitt (Neutral to Unlikely)

Syracuse (Unlikely)

I may have missed one or two. Sorry in advance if that's the case.

I wouldn't want to see Texas enter any major conference under any circumstances––certainly not ours. As a program they have no other goal besides unrestricted, unapologetic self interest. It doesn't matter who they screw, how many programs they destroy, how many conferences they wreck––so long as they're getting theirs, they couldn't care less. So far the B1G has felt very supportive and communal. I like that about the conference. All the fans from other teams I talk to are happy to see us join and the feeling is mutual on the part of Nebraska fans. If Texas tried to join they would have to first kiss Delany's ring. Sheer arrogance will prevent any concessions unless we end up with a superconference playoff scenario where they are out in the cold.

Possible teams for Big 10 expansion: Missouri, Pitt, Notre Dame (I REALLY hope we get this one if the SEC picks up OU and aTm, not to mention probably Clemson), and possibly VT or WVU. I'd prefer all these teams over Syracuse, Rutgers, etc.

I'd add Texas and Texas A&M (although the latter is more unlikely), and OU (with of course Texas's new BFF ND). If you really think that the B1G would pick up Mizzou, Pitt, Rutgers, or Maryland over Texas+OU you are fooling yourself.

Possible teams for Big 10 expansion: Missouri, Pitt, Notre Dame (I REALLY hope we get this one if the SEC picks up OU and aTm, not to mention probably Clemson), and possibly VT or WVU. I'd prefer all these teams over Syracuse, Rutgers, etc.

I'd add Texas and Texas A&M (although the latter is more unlikely), and OU (with of course Texas's new BFF ND). If you really think that the B1G would pick up Mizzou, Pitt, Rutgers, or Maryland over Texas+OU you are fooling yourself.

B1G won't take Texas as long as they have the Longhorn Network. There is no way they will allow that and Texas isn't giving it up. Oklahoma just doesn't fit as well either geographically or academically. I don't see either of those in the B1G.

• Fire 1

B1G won't take Texas as long as they have the Longhorn Network. There is no way they will allow that and Texas isn't giving it up. Oklahoma just doesn't fit as well either geographically or academically. I don't see either of those in the B1G.

Texas has already laid the pretext for dropping it or renegotiating the deal. Catch ole Mack's "ohh woe is me, distraction, more work, blah blah blah" complain-athon presser yesterday. Texas will ride the LHN till the point the big 12 falls apart. Then they'll be forced to change the deal to join another conference.

I'm not saying its a given, but it's a lot more likely then I think people around Nebraska are willing to let themselves acknowledge. I don't want it either, but there is no way a conference turns down Texas if they get rid of it. Texas can very much pick their spot. They are sitting on mountains of money in one of the biggest states in the country. Hell they can pick the spot of a friend or two (or 3 in the pac's case) depending on the friends.